King of Shaves Shave Gel

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoverPipes

Reaction score
Just picked this up at CVS.
After about three shaves, I have to say, this stuff is pretty good overall.
Clogged my razor up a bit. Probably should have used a safety or straight instead.
The gel has tea tree oil in it. I LOVE that stuff! Just like my Paul Mitchell shampoo...........

Still using Barbasol and disposable razors :evil: I don't really like it, but it's more a chore that has to be done quickly, very early in the morning, and is not looked upon as a luxuriant moment. Not that I wouldn't like to have the time to make it that way.

I keep telling myself that I need to just shave the moustache and goatee off and get a nice Braun foil shaver, then it's only a matter of a quick pass every morning. But, last time I shaved my face completely clean, back about 20 years ago, the children took one look at me and began crying :lol: I didn't think I was that bad looking :lol: The wife protested enough that I got the point too.

Maybe I should just go back to the Jerry Garcia beard.

I've been using Williams Mug Soap for years, I used to use gels. It's only $1.50 or so at CVS, I just drop it in a coffee mug (a nifty one with skull n crossbones that says "name your poison." Of course you do need a brush, which adds a cost. But while I am typically an every other day shaver most of the time, I've been using the same bar for at least a year and a half, and this does not include any beard periods.

I find I feel much more "fresh" afterwards, smell better (usually I use no aftershave), and less acne (of course that could have just been that I started using it coming out of my teens. It's also more fun to use, and I feel it softens your beard better and works into the nooks and crannies better.

Started using King of Shaves during a London vacation many years ago. I would buy enough to last me for a year until I returned to the UK or Paris. I liked this better than any shaving gel available in the States. However, I've recently converted to a Norelco electric ...

King of shaves also make a nice pre shave oil, which is good when you used in conjunction with traditional shave creams like palmolive.