Lake land tobacco?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It could mean any of those, but most specifically, it refers to certain pipe tobaccos produced in Kendal in the UK (in the Lakeland district) by the related firms of Samuel Gawith and Gawith & Hoggarth. These use various botanical flavors, which some (especially those who dislike them) liken to perfume or potpourri. Some are very sensitive to the style, and claim to detect it in all their tobaccos, and a few claim that sealed tins and jars stored near such tobaccos will be contaminated. Personally, while I've run into a couple I thought were flavored too strongly, I rather like many. Despite the overly-sensitive, there are other flavored tobacco produced by both that I at least wouldn't consider Lakelands. Probably the 'standard' Lakeland most available in US stores would be G&H's Ennerdale, mild-to-medium in terms of nicotine content, mostly VA (with some Burley) and complex flavors (almond, vanilla, rum, hints of the floral, etc.). Some other tobaccos some might consider 'Lakeland-like' would be Condor and the two War Horse blends.