Lazy Man's Old Fashioned

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc Manhattan

Reaction score
A friend who does a good deal of crafting, canning, and cooking adapted this recipe from an old Charleston Junior League cookbook. I'm sure it's better with homemade marmalade, but even with the storebought, it's pretty damn good for a change from the usual bourbon rocks.

1 heaping tsp. orange marmalade
2 fingers bourbon
3 dashes bitters

In an old-fashioned glass, stir everything together. (Doc's Note: a real Lazy Man does this with his index finger.) Add ice to taste.

Anyone have some other lazy-style cocktail recipes?

Poor Hombre's Mojito. Lay on you back, place a mint leaf over each eye, take a big pull from a bottle of tequila (if you're an accomplished tequila drinker you know how to take a pull from the bottle while layed out, you suck from the side of your mouth). After a couple of these Mojitos you will fall asleep and eventually wake up with a minty fresh, if somewhat blurry, outlook on things :)

Orange marmalade? Do the orange peels sink to the bottom of the glass?

We ain't got no lemon juice dammit Tom Collins

3 splashes gin
a couple cherries but be sloppy and spill some of the juice in the glass
shake with ice, pour into mason jar (remove tobacco first)
4 splashes 7 up
stir
repeat

Doc Manhattan":o0tpxgtb said:
Normally I'd keep quiet under the creed "What happens in Mexico stays in Mexico", but we're among friends here. not that I'm publicly admitting to anything.......

Simple Man":afz8tosq said:
For the holidays,

Baileys Iced Coffee:

Make some coffee and let cool

Fix a glass of crushed ice

Fill 1/2 - 2/3 full of coffee

Add Baileys (the more the merrier)

Add a shot of brandy

Stir

Put on some good music and sit back and enjoy... make another. :D
I love a hot coffee with some Baileys and a shot of Jamesons, mellow out!

Doc Manhattan":v9ppnz7t said:
A friend who does a good deal of crafting, canning, and cooking adapted this recipe from an old Charleston Junior League cookbook. I'm sure it's better with homemade marmalade, but even with the storebought, it's pretty damn good for a change from the usual bourbon rocks.

1 heaping tsp. orange marmalade
2 fingers bourbon
3 dashes bitters

In an old-fashioned glass, stir everything together. (Doc's Note: a real Lazy Man does this with his index finger.) Add ice to taste.

Anyone have some other lazy-style cocktail recipes?
I gotta say, that sounds really goood, although my, i guess, Lazier Man's Old-Fashioned is 2 fingers of bourbon and a couple dashes of bitters.

Lazy Hombre's Margarita:

Dump one large or two small tubes of frozen limeade into a blender.
Fill up your now-empty container(s) with tequila, and dump that into the blender.
Fill those containers up a bit under half way with cointreau or tripel sec. Dump.
Fill blender 3/4 of the way up with ice and let the blender do its thing.