Let's Talk About Classy Headgear

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricTKT

Reaction score
So, I recently got a job where I have to wear slacks, dress shirt and tie. Now, I have worn hats for as long as I can honestly remember, but I am not aloud to wear them in this new job. That being said, come winter time, I have been told that I can wear a nice/dressy hat when I have to go outside (as my job requires for short periods at a time). My questions for you gentlemen is: what are some hats that can be considered classy/dressy? My first thought would be a nice fedora, but I'm curious what everyone else thinks.

alien_zpsvx49epuc.jpg

My honest opinion? A fedora can look a bit "costumey" in a business setting with anything less than a good suit. That's just me though. If you really own the look you can pull it off.

I also have worn hats most of my life and as far as what is probably the best value in an all fur hat made today are those made by Akubra in Australia. They are sold here in the US by David Morgan up in Seattle. One which I wear a lot is the Campdraft model which is the hat Akubra made for Stetson as the Open Road when they made Stetsons for sale in Australia back in the '50s/'60s and now sell under there own label. It's solid Rabbit fur, ( all beaver fur hats are mostly in the custom hat range and cost mucho hundreds of dollars these days) It's an open crown hat which means you can crease it as you like ad snap or roll the brim to your liking.

How cold are your winters? Will you be wearing a coat out with your hat? A long coat goes a long way toward making a fedora look appropriate.