Lucky Pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never given the leather covered pipes a look. That one has the perfect patina. Such a warm, comfortable appearance.

@ MisterE - Ha! Maybe I should get a few more and let them dry out? LOL!

@ J- This was my grandfather's pipe and I just did an overhaul on it. The leather was a little nicked and discolored but it's amazing what a buffing wheel can do. :)

I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving.

Martin

Nice four-leaf. I still have never found one.

I also love my leather-wrapped pipe--a bulldog. There's a pleasant ruggedness to them.

I need to get one of those Longchamp pipes some day. I don't know why I haven't ever bought one. Well, now it gives me something to look for.

Last I looked Etsy.com had a few leather pipes, Longchamp and another brand, for around $20 or so. I'd like to pick up some more of the Longchamps as well, but only over time. I have a straight bulldog that I'm working on restoring and getting the grime and tarnish of the years out of leather seems to be a bear. I also restained the one you're looking at, because I had to take the leather down a little to remove some knicks and dents.

Have fun with the pipe hunt. Oh, and as for four leave clovers, call me freak, I don't know, but I'll just spot them while I'm walking. Been that way all my life. I figure it's some sort of idiot-savant thing. LOL

Martin

MartinH":jpen1odv said:
Have fun with the pipe hunt. Oh, and as for four leave clovers, call me freak, I don't know, but I'll just spot them while I'm walking. Been that way all my life. I figure it's some sort of idiot-savant thing. LOL
...damn my myopia... 8)

MartinH":2wu5896m said:
For those of you who said they wanted a leather pipe, here is Longchamp, same brand I have in the pic, for $22. I have no clue about the seller, but I've bought two pipes from the site now and have had good experiences, both times.
Thanks for the link. I like that one, the bent style is really nice. Wouldn't you know I don't even have $30 laying around to buy it??? LOL I'll have to catch another one a little further down the road.