Made in the Republic of Ireland missing

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael drue

Reaction score
Hi Folks!
I noticed that my 2 new Peterson Pipes are not stamped made in the Republic of Ireland.
Well thats weird to me!
may someone know whats going on with it?
Are they also produced in a other Country now???? :pale:

Michael

I remember reading some were made in London, (But no COM stamp as made 100 years ago) I would send Peterson an email.

Could make them collectable. :idea:

Good luck.

When I first read this thread I assumed you meant newly purchased when you said "my 2 new Peterson Pipes". If they are estate pipes they may predate 1949 (when Ireland became a republic) or may well have been made in England. Though, a couple of my older Petes have stamping that is nearly impossible to read and I imagine after a few more years of regular use, you won't be able to read the stamping at all.

Hi all!
well,i have estate pipes from Peterson but they are stamped with made in Ireland/made in the Republic of Ireland/
also i have one with a Peterson Product/and on is stamped with made in England.

So,i bought 2 new ones! there is nothing written on it.
Also the Hallmarks are not readable, the stamping is so bad on the silverring that you can only read Peterson of Dublin...

They have no other markings on the wood... curios!

Michael

Hello again!

i noticed also by new Stanwells,there is also no stamp like made in Denmark,because they changed the Production to a other Country...
May thats why? i dont know.

Michael