Mega Dublin

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taharris

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pretty happy with this one. Please let me know what you think.

It's definitely a large man's pipe. It has a 1" diameter bowl that is nearly 2" deep for a nice long smoke.

The whole pipe is about 6" long.

224248.jpg

214359.jpg

And the obligatory glamor shot.

214933.jpg

Todd

Wow!

I'm a big man and I'd be VERY happy with that big man's pipe! The vertical grain is nice, I think the craggy top is a great fit on such a tall bowl, and the choice of stem material is very fitting.

A pipe like that doesn't just provide a 'nice long smoke'. You've heard of 'all day blends' of course...that pipe gives and ALL DAY SMOKE!

What does that math work out to...about a group 10? lol

All kidding aside, the wood is fine, love the lucite stem...the work is better. Excellent!

So - what did you use to 'finish' the plateaux? It has a significant glossy look. Handsome!

PS: good reflction of your 4-tube light fixture there! I wonder how much using that temperature of light affects the color tones in your photo? I've used those "Daylight" bulbs to light things for photos on occasion...it's amazing how much it changes the look. I'm still learning how to take decent photos - by guess and by gosh is my method...thank goodness for digital!

I didn't even notice that I captured an image of my shop light. Some photographer I am :roll:

The lights are daylight bulbs that I rotated out of my fish tank (live plants).

The plateau just has a light Carnuba wax buff.

Thank you for the comments.

Normally I would not have made a pipe this big. I made it for a customer back in December, but I think the economy must have gotten the best of him and he had to back out.

Todd

Todd that's a seriously gorgeous pipe.

taharris":rqbyn7bc said:
I made it for a customer back in December, but I think the economy must have gotten the best of him and he had to back out.
Does that mean she's available? Not that I could afford a new pipe with the new baby and all but...is she?

She's not just available, she's lonely and sad...(daddy's got to pay for a new shipment of Briar).

$175 delivered domestic.

Thanks,

Todd

That pipe is gorgeous! Is the grain that straight on the other side?

I'm pretty sure that big mama will get a new home soon. 8)

Geez, you did wonderful job following the exact lines that briar needed to become a great pipe. Seriously, hats off to ya on that one, sir. (...and many more to come, I would suspect...) :cheers:

...now, which Brother's gonna taker her home?

8)

(...on another note, I've been playing around with LED lighting versus fluorescent, halogen, standard incandescent, full spectrum etc... if any of you that photograph pipes, casually or other, try an LED array... it seems to really make the grain pop out without washing the wood tones too much like fluorescent...I still prefer sunlight to almost any other source, but then again, my camera sucks...)

And...is that stem a dark graphite colored swirl Lucite? (...what a great foil to the deep red bowl!)

If I hadn't just bought two new Pete's in the past week I'd be all over that thing like a sweat! But I'm toasted.

Someone needs to nail that piece TODAY! A DUBLIN! And...on ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!

:alien: :alien: :alien:

Man, that is one beautiful pipe. Being a large very tall man I appreciate large pipes. Wish I had the cash that buy it myself.

Bump...

I just wanted to let you guys know that this pipe is still available.

$175 delivered domestic and it comes with a hand turned tamper.

Thanks,

Todd

Alright fellas that's it, back up and keep your grubby little paws off - this one is mine! :twisted: :D :bounce: