My CPCC 2012 Seminar Pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Figured I better post this over here in the proper forum. I feel good about this pipe. I spent a lot of time filing to get it right. Not without it's flaws, but a good effort on my part. Hard to get good pics on the iPhone, especially in the sunlight.

cpccpi14.jpg

cpccpi15.jpg

cpccpi16.jpg

1521010.jpg

1551010.jpg

1561010.jpg

cpccpi17.jpg

Carlos,

That turned out quite nice. Good work!

Brian.

Thanks! You can see where I shaped the pipe with my files and sandpaper so the stem doesn't look perfectly straight. But it's not bent either. Really looked good that way to me.

Looks great Carlos! :cheers:

I especially dig the stem, shank and transition to the bowl. Good stuff!

Carlos":j9yd44dc said:
Thanks! You can see where I shaped the pipe with my files and sandpaper so the stem doesn't look perfectly straight. But it's not bent either. .
Pretty clever Carlos, nice work, the bowl transition is perfect too.

s.ireland":3yeond9f said:
Looks great Carlos! :cheers:

I especially dig the stem, shank and transition to the bowl. Good stuff!
I'll echo this^
Nice work!

The shank shape and the "shoulder" you gave it at the transition point to the bowl is excellent, excellent. I usually find billiards kind of a bore, but that one is subtle class, through-and-through. 8)

Kyle Weiss":s4ddl3ty said:
The shank shape and the "shoulder" you gave it at the transition point to the bowl is excellent, excellent. I usually find billiards kind of a bore, but that one is subtle class, through-and-through. 8)
I have to agree wholeheartedly with Kyle, you "nailed" it with your transition at that point with that shape of shank. :p :p And it's a "real" size of pipe, not one of these monstrous "Artisan" sizes we see so much these days ! A DAMN FINE PIECE OF WORK :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

carlos... if you get a chance, you should post a shot of the pipe from the top view. it has a really nice wide flat shank that those pics don't seem to capture. your work paid off big time, great pipe!

I knew that thing was going to turn out well! Glad to see I was right. ;)

Nice job Carlos! The shank reminds me of a shortened version of a Savinelli #812, one of my favorite shapes, but I like your version better.

Jim

sam a":zscrc2la said:
carlos... if you get a chance, you should post a shot of the pipe from the top view. it has a really nice wide flat shank that those pics don't seem to capture. your work paid off big time, great pipe!

Good idea. See if I can get that done tonight.

Carlos":9we1geds said:
A couple more poor iPhone pics. Did not get centered perfectly overhead.

cpcc2011.jpg

cpcc2012.jpg
Very nice! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Very nice! It looks like you really enjoyed the Chicago show.