My Favorite Album So Far

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick

Reaction score

There's something about this album. It's the only one I have that NEVER gets old! Every song is a gem, and I would classify almost half of them as extraordinary. Music is a matter of taste though much like tobacco, but this album is my favorite blend (so far)! I guess my treasure could be another man's trash, but in this case, I can't imagine it.

Have any of you listened to it? If not, I obviously recommend it. John Tesh plays piano alongside an orchestra and a few soloists.

Have we ever had a " Desert Island LP " thread on here before?

If I had to pick just one LP to listen to and one only it would have to be Doc Severinsens Closet recorded in 1969
R-1819949-1256223951.jpg

Music is highly personal

This is the best album of all time, imo. Not all music, although it does have the immortal rendition of Tambourine Man, in which Shatner manages to convey grief for the loss of innocence, confusion and a subtle yet inconsolable sadness. And who can forget his declamatory version of Cyrano de Bergerac's "Thank you, but no thank you and again I thank you" speech? Or the rousing Once more into the breach dear friends speech from Henry V. This album is a virtual treasure trove of art.

album-the-transformed-man.jpg

I own 625 albums and this one is without a doubt #1

LAWoman.jpg

Dutch":9v7sa54t said:
I own 625 albums and this one is without a doubt #1

LAWoman.jpg
"Riders on the Storm" is one of my ALL TIME favorite tunes, but "Strange Days" would be my album choice. Still, hard to go wrong with The Doors (I'll even give "Soft Parade" the occasional spin).

Good choices! The last truly great Metallica album! They were never the same without Cliff... :cry:

MOP was the best work they ever did, but And Justice For All was still fantastic. I think they must have already had a lot of that material written before Cliff died. Saw em on that tour, freakin amazing. After that they seemed to lose their edge.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QHbVLTRuLkw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hmmm...How about Soundgarden Superunknown? The best part of that album is that Black Hole Sun WAS the worst song on the album.