My Shelf and Tobacco Journal.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsmansbriar

Reaction score
So here's a picture of my tobacco shelf and the leather journal I use for making tasting notes and such about tobacco as well as general life scribblings.

More details: the pipe in the very front is a Nording Signature Freehand, the peterson to the right of that is a Peterson St. Patricks Day Pipe 2012. The corncob behind that is a MM country gentlemen, the pipe behind the Nording is a Savinelli Short Pot shape, and the pipe in the very back is a handmade pipe from an awesome guy on youtube secretagent1306 I believe. SMA Pipes is his etsy store. The meerschaum is from Altinok pipes, and it's the paneled dublin style.

The wood tamper is a "Dragons Tooth" tamper made by patrickthepipe on youtube, all the way from Wales. The tamper infront of the dragons tooth, i'm not sure on but it's got a tamper a poker and a scraper. The lighter is a zippo 1937 vintage replica with slashes. The pouch is actually a leather journal from Colonel Littleton. I use it to blabber on about pipes and make tasting notes and such.

The boxes in the back left are just to hold odds and ends like pipe cleaners and such, but they're full, hence the "spillage" That yellow box is some swan matches I got from Xexutec on Youtube as part of a trade.

The leather stands the pipes are on were made by another friend in the UK who goes by LightYerPipe on youtube. Very awesome fellow, yet another trade.
There's all sorts of tobacco, frog mortin's, some solanis, prince albert and captain blacks, Dunhill 965 some vanilla creame from MB. Some blue mountain in there too somewhere. Troost slices, Orlick golden sliced, and a lot more that is eluding my brain.

Oh yeah, the journal is the #9 Journal from Colonel Littleton, also have a wallet from them and love them both!

For starting out about 8 months ago i'm quite happy with how it's turned out.

Enjoy!

That's a good lookin' set up you've got! Some nice pipes, some good tobacco, and a sweet journal. Looks like a manly shelf indeed!

UberHuberMan":y9k0ko2a said:
That's a good lookin' set up you've got! Some nice pipes, some good tobacco, and a sweet journal. Looks like a manly shelf indeed!
Thanks! I think it turned out quite well. Thanks for the kind words!

Nice stash for only eight months. The journal to record your journey will be priceless down the road.

mark":6cdgg606 said:
Nice stash for only eight months. The journal to record your journey will be priceless down the road.
Thanks, I think I did pretty good. I actually feel like I advanced to a place where I am very comfortable with choosing tobacco and such. I've certainly made mistakes and stuff, but I feel like after 8 months, I have a decent footing to stand on. Which I was really worried about.

Hey! That's a pouch of Captain Black White! :cheers:

I'd recognize that anywhere!

Carry on, Fine Sir. Nice selection of pipes and quality tobaccos you have there. 8)

I wish more people would bother writing down their thoughts on their pipes and tobaccos. It's not entirely necessary, but it's kind of fun to look back and see what life was like back when you had a different take or taste on something.

Nice setup.

I journal in a simple spiral notebook about my pipe/ tobac experiences. Too often I had to ask "which pipe did I really like X tobacco in?" It helps me remember what coinditions like moisture and what pipe to pair with which tobac for the best taste.

I've never thought about a journal; what a great idea! And that tamper is beyond cool. I also love that Meerschaum.