My smokers, and future smokers,

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R.A.

Reaction score
Well, when I joined here on BoB I had 4 pipes, I now have more :) The first pic is of pipes I currently smoke,

The second pic is of pipes I will smoke. Now these are a bit more eclectic in nature either by design or size, As I have gotten way deep in my pipe hobby I am finding I like unusual vintage pipes,

There is just something fascinating about the idea of enjoying a smoke from a long forgotten pipe design, Sitting outside with a beer, and a Jägerpfeife (Hunters Pipe). Or a walk through the garden with a huge jumbo bent full of that perfect smoke.

To me its the same as that classic car or bike people have garaged and drive on special occasions, I piece of history you can hold in your hand and experience, it simply appeals to me in a nostalgic fashion.

As the Monty Python crew says, "And now for something completely different".

Regarding the second photo, its not clear to me if some of those pipes are supposed to be smoked, or played.

Steve

I actually really like the pipes in the second photo. Can't really imagine smoking them everyday, but they are beutiful in their way.

The mad scientist sort of engineering and construction contrasting with the elegant metalwork and woodcraft. It gives the pipes a very "ancient" and almost sacred sort of aura. Like they belong in the hands of a monk or Genghis Khan or something. I dig 'em. :cheers: :D