My Stash - 30 days after my first bowl...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badfinger

Reaction score
Howdy!

Now that I've been 30 days in since my first introduction to piping, I thought it would be fun to take a couple of pics of my current smoking stash. I don't yet have a cellar, as everything you see is opened for smoking. Very soon I'll be working on my "cellar" for long term storage of unopened tins and vac. sealed bags of bulk blends.

On a side note, the Nording Natty in the second pic is my first "good" pipe that I've purchased. I found it yesterday at Rich's in downtown Portland, OR along with what I call "the honey hole of tobaccianna" (thanks American Pickers, lol). They have tons of awesome tobaccos and pipes!

Thanks for the read. I'll update my pics at 60 days in and see what degree my slope is at then... :roll:

Clancy

Lower Shelf: Aro's to the left, VA's in the middle, and Rums to the right.
DSC_0001.jpg

Top Shelf: All English and Balkan Blends.
DSC_0002-1.jpg

Both:
DSC_0003-1.jpg

your stash in 30 days is bigger than my stash after 6 months. Nice collection.

Your stash after 30 days is bigger than what I've smoked in 40 years !! Don't know how you folks that pin-ball 'twn 'bacs ever figure 'em out :p

You are on the right path to ensuring you will always have tobacco to smoke.

:shock: :shock: :shock: Very nice cellar. seeing pics like this makes me want to start something up myself.

Thanks for the kind words. As you can probably tell, when I jump into something, it's head first. I'll take another pic at 60 and see how it has changed. Thanks for the read fellas!

I think I also forgot to mention the fact that all the aromatics on the left side of the first pic are my wifes! Being raised in Germany, she is very used to the smell of a pipe and has taken to joining me a few nights a week for a bedtime bowl of baccy. Her preference is for nuttier blends (Nutty Irishman, Milk and Honey, 1-Q, PS Black Dansk (47), Maclelland Sunday Morning, ZG Z-120, Ect. She's now starting in on a few VA's that I've recently picked up to start to develop her palette a bit. Got a bag of Scotty's Old Red and Gawith Best Brown Flake Scented, and of course a link of Sweet Rum Twist by Gaw, Hogg, n' Co.

On a side note, one blend that was sampled to me by a friend has turned out to be a favorite of both of us, but we are having problems finding it. Does anyone have any info on a blend called Night Lighter? The person who sent it said they have forgotten where it came from or who made it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Impressive very impressive love to see the collection in like 3 years!! Your house will probally look like a tobacconist.

Thanks, I don't feel so bad now what, 2 weeks in, I don't think I have as much tobacco at all!

y'know, badfinger, these days thy have meds for those sorts of behavioral problems :) :) :) .

i too am off my meds and have a similar stash - though it took me longer to acquire it!

smoke 'em if ya got 'em!!!!!

doody.

monbla256":6ozbezss said:
Your stash after 30 days is bigger than what I've smoked in 40 years !! Don't know how you folks that pin-ball 'twn 'bacs ever figure 'em out :p
Agreed.. he got me beat... not after 40 years.. but after 23.. so I guess I was beat sooner :shock:

monbla256":y9supsy8 said:
This is very true! Just starting out, and not having a local store worth a squat (*whine*), I looked at reviews and ordered like 25 before even trying one (postage you know, combine for shipping!!)

So far, there's one my wife would kind of rather I dont' smoke in the house, and I pretty much love all of them...

Now i've taken to just smoking a couple at a time, currently it's consumate gentleman by ashton, dunhill's early morning pipe and... nightcap. Did try savinelli's old burley flake last night too lol

but yah, need to get over the novelty and really give a blend a chance methinks.

--=Alex

badfinger":fb5ek26o said:
On a side note, one blend that was sampled to me by a friend has turned out to be a favorite of both of us, but we are having problems finding it. Does anyone have any info on a blend called Night Lighter? The person who sent it said they have forgotten where it came from or who made it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
NightLighter is a blend sold at Churchills Ltd .com, it's a Cavendish blend, I'd link you directly but McAfee has flagged the site as use caution, if you want to visit the site anyway just search for churchillsltd .com, you'll find it in their Bulk Blends. ;)