My Ugly but good smoking pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaiser83

Reaction score

I like the grain.

As glamorous as this pipe can get. It is my first attempt at carving a pipe. It was a pre-drilled block kit. Definitely learned I need to sand one heck of a lot more to get a good finish on it. It is going to see a lot of time in the sand though so I am content with it for the purpose (pocket pipe to bang around deploying).

Very nice first pipe! You did just fine.
Thanks for your service. When do you get deployed? We will thinking of you while out and wish you a safe and successful mission.
My stepson will be deployed this fall sometime, so advise me of your location if you can and I will alert him!

That ain't so bad. There's pipes that are ugly and with no personality--at least yours had personality! :lol:

Glad you're fond of it--gotta love the first go at a pipe. I'll keep mine forever. 8)

Kyle Weiss":gfi5lnic said:
That ain't so bad. There's pipes that are ugly and with no personality--at least yours had personality! :lol:

Glad you're fond of it--gotta love the first go at a pipe. I'll keep mine forever. 8)
Yes it does, my sister tells me that it fits right in with my rusted old truck, fishin poles, and guns :lol!:

jefe1037":gfi5lnic said:
Nice pipe! Looks like a big honker. Does she sit up?
:evil: Nope it sure won't that is part of its' personality. I had hoped that it would but the balance is off so it topples right on over.

kaiser83":9wvno5ue said:
Yes it does, my sister tells me that it fits right in with my rusted old truck, fishin poles, and guns :lol!:
Effin' A, Brother--way to keep it real. Sis knows what's up. 8)

Kyle Weiss":0yqqqwf7 said:
Effin' A, Brother--way to keep it real. Sis knows what's up. 8)
:lol!: :lol!: Sis is bumming the truck while I am gone and keeps insisting I let her take my guns to the range. The wife loves shooting and bumping around on old dirt roads, even more after a good rain. This pipe is my "corn cob" where I can take it fishing, mudding, wherever and if I drop it, it is no huge deal lol.

Indeed.

I have "field pipes." Some of 'em are worse than others, but all of 'em do their job and do it well. 8)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Buy generally speaking,,, yes, that's a hideous pipe... :lol: No, but seriously,,, It looks alright. If it smokes good,,, who cares. Some of my best smoking pipes are the ones my friends think are ugly. But I don't let them smoke my pipes,,, so if beauty is on the inside,,, then only I can know. ;)