Nearly perfect.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
My lucky day. Just got a Jin Hao 8802 Analone Shell with what they call a fine nib in. Wow! Aside from the good looks and the decent build, the NIB on this thing is very much like the one on my Pilot Custom Heritage 91 with its soft medium nib. Except it’s not springy. But the smoothness, the wetness, the wide sweet spot and the flow are all there. I inked it with Iroshizuku Ku Jaku which is a lovely Teal that goes well with the blue-green Abalone. The build is solid, the heft is right on, it came with a decent converter...but it’s all about how it writes...right? And this particular one writes like a dream. Fourteen bucks...delivered by Prime. Yup. Given the odds yea or nay re getting a really great nib on a Jin Hao...yuppers.  Absolutely. My lucky day.

BriarBeagle":bom3ki5u said:
That is a handsome writing tool.  Congratulations on the score.  Sounds like you are a satisfied customer. :cheers:

Yeah...it looks nice...it balances well...but it’s the nib that makes it. In my experience after having bought maybe fifty Chinese pens, lots of them Jinhao, the odds of getting a nib (and thus a writing experience) like this are pretty small. I got lucky.

I mean, it’s not a huge gigantic deal...but it’s nice.