New Gun

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artvandelay

Reaction score
I just acquired a Sig Sauer P320 Carry in .357SIG caliber. I'm very pleased with its performance. Any other Sig Sauer owners out there?

Moved to F&S. It doesn't really fit here but it seems to be enough of a wall to pacify the raging anti2A fellows.

I have in the past owned several Sigs.. unfortunately they were all lost in a series of unfortunate boating accidents. :D
I have almost snagged a Sig 232 on multiple occasions, one day I'm going to screw around and actually buy one.
I do have Kimber's loose copy of Sig's loose copy of a Colt Mustang. Local shop has the engraved 238 with the black pearl handles. $650 is a little rich though, not for the gun, for my Social Security check. Lol

Their other firearms don't enthrall me. I can't keep up with all the new models they keep floating of late. Well, I take that back.. I do like some of the whimsical stuff they've been doing with their 1911's. The Spartan really appeals to me. I'd even settle for the 226 in Spartan dress.

This model is rather interesting because it can be transitioned to multiple calibers ranging from .22 to .45 just by changing the barrel and magazine.

Sig is doing some neat stuff. I can't remember the model number but they have one you can convert from Service Weapon size, to concealed carry size, down to pocket carry size. The innards are the serialized part, you just have to purchase the other frames if you want them. But it's still just a black plastic pistol. Lol I'm not anti-Tupperware, I've always had a Glock or an M&P laying around, but I do appreciate the heft and feel of steel handguns.

That's the P320. I have the carry model with two different grip modules. Carry and Compact.

Well there ya go. Lol. I thought about looking it up but you responded.
I think that's the one James Yeager at Tactical Response switched to. He'd carried a G17/19 all the way back to his contractor days but suddenly made the switch to a sig last month or the month before. He's not Kieth or Skelton but that's still a pretty big endorsement.

There's a few law enforcement agencies that have switched to the .357SIG version. Of course, most are still carrying Glock.

I own 2 SIG's. One is the 2022 in 9mm. It is your basic unstoppable semi-auto. If one doesn't mind a poly frame, this is the literal bargain of the century. The other one is the Mosquito...the 22LR mate to the large caliber pistols. Lots of controversy on this one. It likes what it likes and insists on being clean. Both are typical high Sig quality, very accurate, very well engineered.

I've owned many exceptional handguns from Ruger singer action 44 mag revolvers, to a Colt Delta Elite 10mm, a Colt Python 357 mag,, other 9mm autos and 22's and 380's, etc, etc, etc. Of all these the SIG's play second fiddle to no one.

One either likes and does well with the Glock...or not at all. I don't like it. Doesn't mean it's not good... it's just not good for me. Gotta love the reliability, but the grip angle is all wrong for me. I like Colt/CZ paradigm. So the Sig feels right.

I also have a Springfield XD40 SubCompact. It's an exceptional pistol. Very small, high capacity, high power, very good at what it's supposed to do.

Serious Question: If a gun won't run dirty, with ammunition of less than top shelf quality, is it really a reliable piece?

I've got a Walther P22. Walther suggest only 'High-Velocity" ammo be used but it's never so much as hiccuped. Having said that, I do prefer CCI Velocitor, or Mini-Mag, but sometimes ya gotta shoot what ya got instead of what you prefer.

Edited in: I'm not knocking anyone's firearms...It's okay to like something different from the other guy. If we all liked the same stuff it'd get boring very quickly.