new moretti

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckeye

Reaction score
this came in the mail yesterday. smoked it this morning.
P2120008.jpg

Enjoy it!! I have one of Marco's massive smooth magnums.......huge.......He must have a massive stock of large blocks; I believe that he became a pipe-maker with his father-in-law, and then took it over full-time .....Great guy......If you watch his EBAY auctions carefully, you can get a good buy on some of the pipes that are for sale with no reserve; the really big ones are a bit pricey and are BUY IT NOW sales, but even so are probably a good deal compared to the "big names".....

Nice chubby!

Marco must be one of the most understated pipemakers on the scene although he seems to be getting some well deserved attention as of late. I've owned one of his briars and it was as fine a workmanship as any. The only reason I let it find a better smoker was that it was slightly too big for my liking, me being more into medium range sizewise.

He works with Calabrian briar from his native area that is known to be amongst the best and the whole artisan ethics of the region is, to me, something to be cherished.

So two thumbs up for the aquisition! :cheers:

Do let us know how and what it smokes!