New Tamper

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monbla256

Reaction score
We all spend tons of time and effort deciding THE pipe or THE 'bac to smoke but if your like me, the lowly tamper gets little if any attention. I've had and used everything from my finger, Chezk tools, to the lowly aluminum pipe nail over the years. I have a nice wooden sided tamper/tool given to me by "Anonomys" in a bombing recently with its hesvy wood slab sides, pipe knife and pick as well as tamper but I've found myself using my ubiquitous "Peterson" gold anodized pipe nail I've had for years mostly. I saw one of the Bro's got this tool recently and added one to my last order of 'bac. I must say, this is a FANTASTIC tool for the purpose of smoking! It's the 8deco bamboo tamper and it is a marvel of simplidity. One of the BEST tamping surfaces, not to wide, domed and it has a series of holes in its surface that really WORK for the purpose they were designed for! The shaft is a nicely done sliver of bamboo with one knuckle and a sort of sliver/spoon shape at the end. It's light yet with enough weight at the tamping surface that allows it to work effortlessly! The long sliver pick/spoon will get discolored over time with use, which won't appeal to the "perfect" appearance smokers I'm sure and I don't know how long it will last without getting fraid over time, but for now it is a nice piece of the K.I.S.S. principle of life for me :twisted: Here's a pic and it's price is right also, LESS than $4.00 :twisted:

The tapered/sliver end works well as a scoop when I need it so far. I'm sure due to the material it's made from, it wouldn't last long as a "scoop" if you did a lot of "scooping" at least not like the metal in the Czech tool or a nail. But as a tamp as I use it mainly, it's PERFECT :twisted:

I am wondering what alfredo is scooping with his short handled device. Hopefully not the traditional material.

That tamper is elegant. When you throw in very affordable...

Then you think about the improvement provided.

What's not to like; scoop or no scoop!

Very nice! I recently acquired two 8deco tampers from my B&M. My bamboo one is the go-to most of the time. Congrats!

Nice looking tamper. Must have been designed by someone who actually smokes a pipe. Thanks for sharing. :)
AJ