New to snuff, here's where I'm at...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My wife, while sorting through old boxes in the basement whipped out a 10g tin of Sam Gawith Apricot snuff she bought in Germany 12-13 years ago. I tried it despite it's age (I age my pipe tobacco why not?) and it was a damn fine experience. Nice little jolt and great flavor.

Fast forward 2 weeks to the present, I just clicked go on my first purchase. How did I do?

2 x Samuel Gawith Gin & Tonic 10g
1 x Viking Dark 25g
1 x Rosinski Poltergeist Refill 8g
1 x Siberia -80 Degrees White Dry Portion 13g
1 x Wilsons Apricot

The Siberia was an impulse buy just to see what the high octane stuff does. I'm excited and admit it will be torture waiting when I'm used to my smokingpipes orders arriving quick.

I'll be reading through more of this forum and look forward to sharing with the group.

Any order that includes Viking Dark is a great order in my book!

I know you're relatively new to snuff, but definitely post your impressions on the Rosinksi. I'm pretty heavily into snuff these days (some weeks moreso than pipe tobacco), and Rosinski has been on my radar for a while by I just haven't bit the bullet!

One recommendation - buyer beware when you buy Sam Gawith in the 10g tap boxes. They have a tendancy to arrive somewhat dried out. If you can swing the cost, better to go with the 25g tin (even if you don't like it, plenty of places to find a trading partner for it). I'd say about 1 out of every 3 tap boxes I get from them have some quality loss.

Thanks Ian, I'll definitely report back.

Could it be dumb luck that the 10g Gawith tap box I got from my wife was just still good? Honestly, it's my first time so It may be rubbish but it does seem like there is some moisture to it by the way it clumps and sticks when knocked onto the back of my hand. Perhaps container quality has dropped during those years? I suppose I'll know once I get fresh specimens to test against.

As a frequent user of Rosinski snuffs I have to say you really can't go wrong with Poltergeist. I'm not as taken with Berliner Luft but it's still top notch stuff. Just be aware that it packs a decent kick and for heavens sake don't snort it or you will be seeing poltergeists for sure.

Oh and I believe the Siberia is a snus not a snuff. Should be in little bags that you stick up under your top lip.

Jim

I realized after I ordered that the Siberia was snus. I'm not sure how interested I am in trying it out really. If it's nothing like chewing tobacco it may stand a chance.

Currently on day 7 since ordering and I'm getting excited!