Not sure if I should be stoked or irritated...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike_68

Reaction score
My pipesandcigars.com stuff came today, got the new bent MM Great Dane (which is a FANTASTIC smoker btw), however...

They must have been out of the Hearth and Home Magnum Opus so they sent me some McClelland Blue Mountain! Now, I've wanted to try the Blue Mountain so that's fine, but I was SOOO looking forward to the Magnum Opus...

What do you think, should I be irritated or pumped?? YOU make the call.. :lol:

sounds like a push to me,,,as long as you wanted to try the blue mountain I figure it's not worth getting steamed up over,,,

...I suppose you could give them a message (verbal/email) that you'd really like to get what you wanted, and ask them to send some to you once they have it available, minus the shipping cost or something (it never hurts to ask, all they can do is say "no"). Otherwise, I'd probably let it slide. Usually when something gets fouled up and I mention free shipping would make me smile, companies are all-too willing to work with me. :) Plus, it helps to be nice. The whole flies caught with honey vs. vinegar, etc... 8)

I've been ordering from them since 2005 and have only had one problem with an order. I called their toll free number and I could not have received any better customer service. They were professional, took care of the problem and I got to have a nice chat with Russ. My experience has been if they make a mistake, they want to know about it and fix it. From my experience, Customer service and satisfaction is priority with them.

Email them, they're CS is much better than their quality control. I have only been ordering from them for about a year, but two out of my last three orders had a problems. Both times my initial email was responded to within hours and the problem was corrected in a matter of days.

Lestrade":y6jscbmo said:
I've been ordering from them since 2005 and have only had one problem with an order. I called their toll free number and I could not have received any better customer service. They were professional, took care of the problem and I got to have a nice chat with Russ. My experience has been if they make a mistake, they want to know about it and fix it. From my experience, Customer service and satisfaction is priority with them.

I use them all the time.
They have made mistakes on a couple of orders.
Like recently, I got two 2oz tins of Sunday Picnic
instead of two 8oz tins. They couldda just sent
another 12oz, but they sent the two 8oz tins and
told me to keep the 2oz tins. Great service!
I almost look forward to the next error. :lol:

Yep, if they make a mistake (as humans we all do) they want to and will fix it

My issue is so minor I really didn't plan to contact them, but I think I will send an email just in case they want to know about it if it is a real error. Guess I just figured they were out of the MO so sent something different.

Thanks for the responses and I'm truly NOT irritated...I was surprised more than anything as I have used them before and had no issues.

Kyle Weiss":b66cst3t said:
...I suppose you could give them a message (verbal/email) that you'd really like to get what you wanted, and ask them to send some to you once they have it available, minus the shipping cost or something (it never hurts to ask, all they can do is say "no"). Otherwise, I'd probably let it slide. Usually when something gets fouled up and I mention free shipping would make me smile, companies are all-too willing to work with me. :) Plus, it helps to be nice. The whole flies caught with honey vs. vinegar, etc... 8)
I agree with Kyle, well said. It usually pays off when you are nice about things.

mike_68":sqlnagqm said:
My issue is so minor I really didn't plan to contact them, but I think I will send an email just in case they want to know about it if it is a real error. Guess I just figured they were out of the MO so sent something different.

Thanks for the responses and I'm truly NOT irritated...I was surprised more than anything as I have used them before and had no issues.
Let us know how it turns out! Your method may be informative if the same circumstance arises!

It also wouldn't hurt to say, "Hey, I'm a part of a pretty popular forum about pipes, and a lot of guys there order stuff from you...that's how I found out about you ..." Ergo, we talk, word-of-mouth is strong, etc. 8) Reputation is a big deal!

"I use them all the time.
I almost look forward to the next error. :lol: [/quote]

Kind of the same thing happened to me, except they sent me 10 dunhill tins that I did not order. After calling them, they sent the right stuff, and told me to keep what they had initially sent for free. You really can't beat that !

They do tend to make mistakes on orders. I always kind of cross my fingers when I order from them.
Not so much with 4Noggins or SmokingPipes.

I should add that my order of FVF from PipesandCigars arrived without a hitch!

Fallout":v19wej8v said:
"I use them all the time.
I almost look forward to the next error. :lol:

Kind of the same thing happened to me, except they sent me 10 dunhill tins that I did not order. After calling them, they sent the right stuff, and told me to keep what they had initially sent for free. You really can't beat that ![/quote]

Damn, you guys get all the luck!! I still feel blessed that they sent me one of those Atladis aro samples (in the gold foil pouch) after years of dedicated patronage.... :lol!:

Heard from Jason at pipesandcigars.com today. He advised that is was, in fact, an error on their part and that my Magnum Opus will be in the mail ASAP. And I get to keep the Blue Mountain on them....that's customer service.... :D

I figured thats what they would do since that was my experience with them as well. :D

mike_68":12tg65ft said:
Heard from Jason at pipesandcigars.com today. He advised that is was, in fact, an error on their part and that my Magnum Opus will be in the mail ASAP. And I get to keep the Blue Mountain on them....that's customer service.... :D

That was nice of them to do, things are looking better.

Enjoy the baccy, John.

I sure will...I think it's cool that the 2 issues I've had with orders from a couple of the "regular" sites that we pipers use have been fixed without question and in MY favor. Not sure if it's just because these folks happen to be really good people or if, maybe, it's also something to do with our hobby. Pipe folks taking care of other pipe folks..hmm, I think that's possibly part of it too!