Old Dunhill Lighters?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacquesdubois

Reaction score
Today at the old B&M was lighter day...I walked in and saw Kyle and Craig, the guy who worked there tonight playing with lighters. I ended up getting a Lotus lighter...my first real serious lighter.

We kept on talking and I got the idea of trying to find an old Dunhill lighter. Is it worth trying to get one of those, rather than buying new?

There, proof--I took a few hours to relax. See? See? :lol:

But yeah, Dunhill used? They're pretty pricey new.

TOO expensive new. But I have some lines on used ones in the usual places. I'm just curious if it's worth it.

Kyle Weiss":mmmuo5gd said:
There, proof--I took a few hours to relax. See? See? :lol:

But yeah, Dunhill used? They're pretty pricey new.

Considering what I heard they cost to fix, a used Dunhill might as well be a new...anything else... *shrug* ...ePrey sellers and their common "oops-I-had-no-idea-it-didn't-work-I'm-not-an-expert" would further my ire in that instance.

They are fine lighters. They will need servicing every now and again which cost about $100 but it's not like you'll need to spend $100 a year on 'em.

Check out Briar Blues... Last I checked he had a few all around $125 some are "just serviced" so should work fine for a long time.

....or you could just by a brand new IM corona for the same $$$ and get a lifetime warranty...

I have a Dunhill Rollogas lighter which I bought in Hong Kong back in 1969. It's a solid sterling lighter which I had modified by Authorized Repair Service up in NYC back in '73 and have sent to them for service 3 times since. I never sent mine to Dunhill, they were to expensive. They made GOOD lighters and if you find one at a decent price I would recomend one and highly recomend these folks at Authorized up in NYC for any work to be done on them.
http://authorizedrepairservice.com/

Here's a pic of my old lighter, which is a fluid lighter, not a gas and has performed flawlessly since I got it:

DunhillRollalite-1.jpg

If the price is right, they are worth it. JMHO :p

That's a very handsome Rollogas, monbla!

I've always prefered the Rollogas design to the old boy or "unique"

s.ireland":s4f6qshu said:
That's a very handsome Rollogas, monbla!

I've always prefered the Rollogas design to the old boy or "unique"
My bad :p It's a Rollalite NOT a Rollagas. It was designed BEFORE ( sometime in the 50's I believe) the gas version and was made into the 70's. They don't make it anymore. In fact, I don't think they make ANY fluid lighters anymore!