One of my favorite shapes of all time (Ramses)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growley

Reaction score
Hello all,

Like I said in an earlier post, I don't have a massive collection of pipes like some of you, so I've got to show them one by one so I can enjoy the conversation longer!

This is one of my absolute favorite shapes. I've followed Tom Eltang's work for quite a while and love his take on the Ramses pipe....so I copied it, or did my best to try.

I made this pipe from a piece of pre-Romeo briar (meaning less than great quality wood I bought before I started buying from the best), so I kept it for myself. It remains one of my favorite pipes to smoke. It hangs very comfortably and is a great "hands off" pipe. You'll get a little up your nose every once in a while, but aroma is part of the fun in my mind :D

I've made one other very similar to this and sold it to a good friend of mine, and I'm sure I'll be making more. Technically, they're very hard to make, but I think they're worth it.

Take a look.

IMG3010-L.jpg

IMG3012-L.jpg

IMG3016-L.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Brian.

I love my Growley Ramses! Its the perfect pipe for hands free enjoyment. A bit small but its perfect on the go. I like to smoke it while I restore old estate pipes or am shaping a stummel. Good stuff. :D

That Grain on the back side is fabulous. Even if you think you used a lesser briar, it turned out looking fantastic. Nice lines, color, grain. Over all a keeper, for sure.

That Oom Paol shape and your Boat=tailed Bulldog need to become standard catalog models you make. BOTH are just completely unique and could become signature models for you !! that's some FINE,FINE work! Some of the BEST i've seen !! And they look to be realistic, smokeable sized pipes !! I LOVE seeing every new one you post !! :p

Without doubt you are more skilled than you give yourself credit for. One of the most beautiful pipes I have ever seen. I don't see any issues with the wood used at all. My sincerest compliments.

Jim

huffelpuff":qzlynfwy said:
Without doubt you are more skilled than you give yourself credit for. One of the most beautiful pipes I have ever seen. I don't see any issues with the wood used at all. My sincerest compliments.

Jim
Thanks Jim.

I see you're in Denver. I lived in COS for about 6 years. I'm returning there next week for a wedding. Too bad we couldn't get together and enjoy a nice pipe!

Thanks again.

Brian.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Just beautiful, I love everything about it.

Beautiful design and execution. I would be proud to have it in my pipe rack. :cheers: