Our visit to Boswell's

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Justpipes and I paid a visit to Boswells on our way to the NY Pipe show. I couldnt leave without picking up this:

A bargan at $55.00, also picked up samples of Stokkeby navy flake and bulls eye and a tin of Hamborger Veermaster.
Well worth the trip, they are such a gracious family & the store was fabulous, the quaint atmosphere of Chambersburg was also a big plus.

I thought Justpipes Southrons burned Chambersburg down in 1863,did you guys feel any angst
about riding around with those Virginia plates on your car? :lol:

Winslow :sunny:

Winslow":xoe3zuxj said:
I thought Justpipes Southrons burned Chambersburg down in 1863,did you guys feel any angst
about riding around with those Virginia plates on your car? :lol:

Winslow :sunny:
Not at all! :D

Another great pipe ,,,sounds like a memorable visit,,, :cheers:

Wow this thing smoked great the first time!
For the virgin smoke I used C&D Organic Pipe Dreams, and man did it smoke great.
Smoked dry all the way to the bottom of the bowl, that pure Va really came through.
Looks like whatever Boswell precarbonizes with really works, I didnt notice any foreign smells or tastes.

The thing that really sets JM Boswell apart is that, as a pipemaker, he is the only one, to my knowledge, who owns a walk-in store front. In addition, he blends his own tobacco. To top it off, his customer service (basically the entire family!) is truly exceptional. I own one Boswell pipe, a smooth poker that is one of my best smokers. I enjoy very much his Northwoods tobacco, and one day, I WILL visit his shop.

Thanks for sharing!

Trout Bum":a7dobfhl said:
The thing that really sets JM Boswell apart is that, as a pipemaker, he is the only one, to my knowledge, who owns a walk-in store front. In addition, he blends his own tobacco. To top it off, his customer service (basically the entire family!) is truly exceptional. I own one Boswell pipe, a smooth poker that is one of my best smokers. I enjoy very much his Northwoods tobacco, and one day, I WILL visit his shop.

Thanks for sharing!
Just walking into his shop is an experience unto itself! That was evidenced by the number of locals that were just hanging out there, and when his wife came out and asked us if she could make us a cup of coffe, I just couldn't believe it! Then on top of that she offered EJ and I a personal tour. I sure wish the few B&M's around here knew what the Boswells know about hospitality! Obviously it has allowed their business to flurish.