Painting

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D.L.Ruth

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I've always been a huge fan of Bob Ross, so when I was in Korea my wife ordered me a Bob Ross paint set. Haven't gotten around to trying to paint until now. First time trying to paint anything so be gentle lol, what do you think?

I gotta say that's pretty sharp for a first try! You'll have to keep us posted as you progress.

Jim

2nd (bottom) and 3rd (top) attempts. Learned some lessons on the first one. Need to mix the paint better, oil and pigment separated so the first attempt was really funny paint. It only takes a little paint and Jameson t spreads very well. This paint takes FOREVER to dry, the first painting is still not completely dry. All in all a pretty enjoyable experiance, will probably continue making them after the move.

But, but, your cloud doesn't have a friend! Every cloud needs a friend! :lol:

My mother did toll painting back in the 70's and areas where the paint was thick it could take a couple of months to dry completely. Over all very nice pieces. I'm sure there are any number of things you would change or do differently in each of them but that's the joy of painting you can create so many versions of the same picture it is difficult to get bored. Keep plugging away at it as long as it brings you joy.

Jim

Zanaspus":zgyqpkyb said:
But, but, your cloud doesn't have a friend! Every cloud needs a friend! :lol:
Oh geez you're right!! Oh that poor cloud, it's NOT HAPPY NOW lol. Thanks for the nice words from everyone.

Well, by way of feedback, when I saw your first pic on my phone I thought it was a Bob Ross original.

Great job!