Paul movie

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jevverrett

Reaction score
Went to go see it with my wife last night. I don’t know if it would qualify as a biblical epic, but I think this genre of movie is on the rise again. We liked it, but then again we’re church folk. Had historical context to it, and a good amount of drama. Also, had some genuinely funny moments, if you’re familiar with the Bible.

A lot of the (secular) reviews I read of it said it wasn’t a good movie. So, we figured we would like it lol. Worth seeing if you ask me. Short version is it tells the story of Luke writing the book of acts from the dictation of Paul in a Roman prison. Set against a backstory of the troubles with the heavily persecuted early church in Nero’s Rome. Maybe not for kids as it has some pretty brutal imagery in it. Not gory necessarily, but disturbing. The ending moments actually got me teared up a bit.

Not sure if this will end up in the rubber room, but I figured it’s a film.

I think this is fine here. Kinda depends on where it goes. Focused on the movie...no issues.

BTW: I saw a trailer for this movie on TV a few nights ago. It looked really interesting.

I considered just going there outright, but figured we could keep it civil enough lol. Thanks for giving it a chance

Okay, so anybody seen black panther? Heard lotsa folks liked that one...

Jevverrett":we9w31ds said:
Okay, so anybody seen black panther? Heard lotsa folks liked that one...

So...if you open that up as a new topic then guys will see it and maybe respond. If you ask it just within this thread only the guys that are subscribed to this thread will see it. Right? Up to you.