Peterson, Calabash or cohiba?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK this is in regards to what would make me look serious.

I own a peterson bulldog pipe its nice and understated and i decided against carving POISON and LILITH in it. It looks really cool, but would it make me look kickass?

A calabash looks kinda awkward but its really cool and iconic? could this help me out?

Would a cohiba cigar be best? consider i want to tell the person that i mean buisnessand i am doing a huge reveal with them by admiting that ti love them. If they say no i need a smoking item that says "U fucked up big time; it is tme ot pay up."

any ideas.

Gandalffan1990":ys8ni3bt said:
OK this is in regards to what would make me look serious.,,,, I need a smoking item that says "U messed up big time; it is time to pay up.,,,any ideas.
Is there a full moon or something?,,,

I am merely saying that i need a something, pipe or cigar that makes me look serious; my czech billiard pipe made me look like hugh hefner when i attended a party with my friend and got a lot of eyebrow raising and approvals of 'dude nice pipe" and "cool man".

I don't know what kind of message a bulldog pipe would bring;
in my experiences, a billiard pipe brings an air of authority and makes individuals look cooler. A bent pipe says smooth or awesome and makes you look friendly. A pipe can say a lot about a person. I have never owned a calabash ever but i think they are interesting however it screams to me rockstar or if i am dressed in sunday clothes it owuld scream pretentious ass.

pipes say a lot about a person.

Cigars are the symbol of tough guys and kickass people. pipes mean buisness too. but which would be best?

For "serious" in a businessman sense, probably a cigar.

For "serious" in an "inspire fear" sense, honestly, an unfiltered cigarette before any cigar or pipe. A Russian brand or Gauloises would be pretty severe. Don't ask if you can smoke, just light up.

Where can i get these? are tehy available at most tobacco shops? I am asking because i want these cigarettes to smoke and i also recognize the brand as the same brand David Bowie smoked in the 1970s. As a huge david bowie fan i must get some of htese. where can i get them?

Gauloises? A large tobacconist. Call first to ask about stock. But any unfiltered cig will do. I'm not saying a Lucky Strike will make you look like a tough guy, but a tough guy with a Lucky is somehow tougher.

Mail-order cigs are not recommended... too many bootlegs and byzantine shipping laws out there.

I suppose a great deal of this selection process relies upon your room presence. Do people interpret you by your appearance, or do you project your personality? For myself, it has to be something bent and not too big, or a MM. If I were to smoke a cigar, it would be out of place and a bulldog would be foolhardy due to the fire hazard. What do you look like?

Maybe a petite corona cigar. Ya know, the size that Clint Eastwood used to smoke in his spaghetti westerns. Of course you also have to have the look to pull it off.

Personally i would pick a corn cob pipe. Nothin quite says i dont give a **** what anyone else thinks like a corn cob pipe. It would also serve the dual purpose of exemplifying the qualities i look for in a woman: a pleasurable experience, easy to maintain, durable enough for frequent use, and cheap enough to just throw away and buy another if you burn em out!

Frost":vmyiw9mi said:
Personally i would pick a corn cob pipe. Nothin quite says i dont give a **** what anyone else thinks like a corn cob pipe. It would also serve the dual purpose of exemplifying the qualities i look for in a woman: a pleasurable experience, easy to maintain, durable enough for frequent use, and cheap enough to just throw away and buy another if you burn em out!
Sounds like my kinda woman!! :lol!:

I am 5'10" and slender (round 120ish pounds) with pale features and blue eyes and red hair. I have a babyface and am someone with a firey temper.

Somehow i project an air of uniqueness and when i speak people listen ot me. To the person in question whi i am addressing i have an air of mystery and confusion. i have confused htem royally. :D I am confessing a four year crush and attraction to them. if they say no i want to whoop out my cigar or cigarette to say "you fucked up big time. i will no longer be with you."

My pipes i have already stated the different airs they gave me.

i am thinking of getting american spirirts maybe. have nto checked other tobaccoists in teh area. one place might sell the french cigaretts..

Gandalffan, I'm simply making a guess but from the description you gave, you need something that is not the same as everyone else, yet traditional. The finish on these Nordings should match your slender build and pale features. http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/Nording/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=85978
If by some chance you have taken a liking to this particular pipe and it has been sold, I have it. There are others available with the same finish though, and somehow the slim elegance of a Nording might just fit the bill. Granted, I'm really reaching with this, but I think a straight pipe is too pushy and a bent might tone you down enough to give you some hidden menace. Good luck in your search.

I think this is just the thing you're looking for...

In my book, nothing says "You F***ed royal!" quite like a pipe made from a chicken foot.
That'll teach them to mess with your emotions!

Lesath":stmj299w said:
My goodness, Haiti or New Orleans?

Is that actually in your collection? It looks like a cherry wood bowl, but what is the stem composition? Does it smoke well? You've certainly outdone yourself adding that to your collection. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you sir!
And you know, Castello's, chicken foot pipes...only the best for me! :cheers:

I think, maybe, the only way to be a "badass" is to be yourself. Smoke what you like, do what you want. Authenticity speaks for itself. If you spend all your time trying to construct a particular image of yourself, you're just going to complicate things for yourself.

That being said, if you like your bulldog, smoke your bulldog. If you like American Spirits, and can afford those bad boys, smoke them. Live in such a way that you can live with yourself, and if this girl doesn't like that, tell her to have a nice day and move on the next one.

Ah young luv, I would go with a six pack but a cigar mite work.