Pipe Books For Nook

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottbtdmb

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So my parents just got me a Nook today for my birthday. I was a little leery about them before, as I am a bit old school with having hard copies of books, newspapers, magazine, CD's, etc. However, I am opening to embracing the e-book and would like to know if any of you guys have Nooks and if so, what kind of pipes and/or pipe tobacco books are available? I am not concerned if they are free or cost money, I just would like to know what is available.

Thanks,
Scott

I've got a Nook Color and find it to be an excellent addition to the available electronics around out house as we have ONE laptop for both adults and my daughter has her own laptop...so I use it for all sorts of things, but at home...since my wife uses the laptop to do many aspects of her job from home...I use it for email A LOT...and while on the road all the time (thank God for WiFi). Don't know if your Nook has WiFi, but it's a major asset!

Re: the selection of pipe books? Wow! I never even thought of that. Just go to the 'shopping' section and type in some obvious search words and see what books come up...or if you have authors you like it will seach on that as well...or by specific titles. It's really easy. And if a LOT of potential titles come up you can sort them in standard ways...even putting the free ones at the top of the list.

I just did a quick search using 'pipe smoking books' and came up with 8 titles, including 'Pipe Smoking 101' by Walter Elliot and 'In Search Pipe Dreams' by Rick Newcombe. I've got the Newcombe book and it's very good. Several other searches didn't produce any more really modern titles...but remember that you can access other sites than the B&N place...including the Guttenberg Project, Library of Congress, maybe even your local library and download ebooks to your home computer and then I think you can transfer them to the Nook via the data cable connection.

Since the search functions on the Nook are somewhat limited compared to a regular computer, you can also set up an account at the Barnes and Nobel website and if you buy books there they will download to your Nook. This is also nice as you can add gift cards, etc. to your payment options on the website, etc.

Good luck.

BTW: asking me specific questions other than the above information may prove fruitless, as that's all I've done. B&N does have a really good support section on their site for the Nook though...you should check it out.

Blackhorse":vgx89fbc said:
I've got a Nook Color and find it to be an excellent addition to the available electronics around out house as we have ONE laptop for both adults and my daughter has her own laptop...so I use it for all sorts of things, but at home...since my wife uses the laptop to do many aspects of her job from home...I use it for email A LOT...and while on the road all the time (thank God for WiFi). Don't know if your Nook has WiFi, but it's a major asset!

Re: the selection of pipe books? Wow! I never even thought of that. Just go to the 'shopping' section and type in some obvious search words and see what books come up...or if you have authors you like it will seach on that as well...or by specific titles. It's really easy. And if a LOT of potential titles come up you can sort them in standard ways...even putting the free ones at the top of the list.

I just did a quick search using 'pipe smoking books' and came up with 8 titles, including 'Pipe Smoking 101' by Walter Elliot and 'In Search Pipe Dreams' by Rick Newcombe. I've got the Newcombe book and it's very good. Several other searches didn't produce any more really modern titles...but remember that you can access other sites than the B&N place...including the Guttenberg Project, Library of Congress, maybe even your local library and download ebooks to your home computer and then I think you can transfer them to the Nook via the data cable connection.

Since the search functions on the Nook are somewhat limited compared to a regular computer, you can also set up an account at the Barnes and Nobel website and if you buy books there they will download to your Nook. This is also nice as you can add gift cards, etc. to your payment options on the website, etc.

Good luck.

BTW: asking me specific questions other than the above information may prove fruitless, as that's all I've done. B&N does have a really good support section on their site for the Nook though...you should check it out.
Thanks a lot! The Rick Newcombe book has been on my list of books to read for awhile. And since my parents also included a 25 dollar gift card along with the Nook, I think it may be my first purchase tonight! :cheers:

-Scott

I wanted to post an update and say that not only am I loving my Nook Color, but I also discovered today that the pdf email files that NASPC now offers for their Pipe Collector magazines is completely compatible with the Nook Color. So for any of you Nook fans looking to save 8 bucks on membership and save some trees as well, I highly recommend renewing your membership with the email option. :cheers:

-Scott

I wrote a little book titled My Love My Pipe which can be purchased for the nook kindle or download to your computer I thank $2.50 under $5.00. If nothing else you will get a laugh or two out of it.
Best Regards
Richard