Pipe repair help!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msmith1956

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a Savinelli Bionda style 620 pipe that needs the stem replaced. Can any of you recommend a pipe repairman that does quality work at descent prices? I live about 45 miles West of Atlanta, GA. so if you know someone in the area it would be a plus. I have been away from pipe smoking for a while, and have no experience with any B&M shops in the area. Any help is highly appreciated!

While not in GA, I can definitely recommend Tim West. He's a very experienced and talented pipe repairman with fair prices. I was very pleased with the work he did for me (stem replacement + burnout repair). His website is http://www.jhlowe.com

First of all, what's the matter with the existing stem? I broke one at the tenon and chucked it in my closet. I finally took it to the B&M afer some 15 years and they were able to repair the original stem.

Of course, you'll still have to send it out for repairs, but let's give the pipesmith the right job.

KevinP":jwabl7zt said:
First of all, what's the matter with the existing stem? I broke one at the tenon and chucked it in my closet. I finally took it to the B&M afer some 15 years and they were able to repair the original stem.

Of course, you'll still have to send it out for repairs, but let's give the pipesmith the right job.
Well, I've just gotten back into pipe smoking a few years away... during that time, somehow my daughter's dog got his grubby paws on it and used the stem as a chew toy. There is a nice sized chunk missing at the bit/mouthpiece.

You can also mail the pipe back to Savinelli in Italy and they will fit a new stem for you. The slight advantage with this method is that you will get the logo on the stem. Check the Savinelli website for contact info.
Doug