Random Blends

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgoldberg

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
So I'd been sequestering the tobaccos I don't care for off to the side, so they don't clutter my choices. The other day I decided to experiment with some blends made from these tobaccos.

I'm working with Borkum Riff regular, Peterson's Standard Mixture, SuperValue Whiskey, SuperValue Cherry, and lastly a very small amount of MacBaren's Golden Extra, which was not a reject, I just didn't have enough for a bowl left.

From these I created four mixes (like a mix tape, only with tobacco!)

Mix 1: 25% Borkum Riff, 25% Peterson's, 50% SuperValue Whiskey, and the sprinkle of Golden Extra

Mix 2: 25% Peterson's, 75% SuperValue Cherry

Mix 3: 50% SuperValue Cherry, 50% SuperValue Whiskey

Mix 4: All the leftovers except MB

Mix 3 was a total mistake. I think someone was talking to me, and instead of mixing half Peterson's and Half SV Whiskey, I used both SV's. Totally underwhelming.

Mixes 1 and 2 are really decent! A gentle aromatic with "something else" to make it interesting.

Mix 4 was hot garbage.

Anyway, it was fun to try new things. I will surely smoke 1 and 2 until they're gone. Mix 3 I might try saving it to mix with something else I end up not liking. 4 might go to the chickens.