Raspberry Pi?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarlockBob

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I have one, and I use it for a ton of random projects. Working in IT with a programming background gives me a wonderful set of skills for both the hardware and software side of the thing, so I have a blast with it. Anyone else have one?

If so, anyone else doing any projects with it?  :D 

On the cover the January 2014 QST magazine is a fellow doing some programing and making use of Raspberry Pi in ham radio software. I am a Linux person. But I still run the ham radio station on Winders software. I need to make the move to Linux based software at some point. You would think with 15 years of Linux experience I would have done that by now. My main system for surfing and email is running Linux Mint 15. I was a big fan of Simply Mepis for years.

Ahhhhhhh, that does seem like the perfect platform for ham radio. super low power, cheap, and enough guts to run a surprising amount of stuff.

Mint! I do like Mint. :D I've always been partial to Ubuntu(it's what I started with, and I like orange), but Mint is a very well polished OS, and runs like a charm every time I've used it. I haven't had too much experience with Simply Mepis, but I've heard that it was a pretty killer OS, being based on Debian and whatnot.  :twisted: 

Come on Carlos, you already like Linux.... just make the dive! You can do it!  :geek: