Ready to Roll, Cautiously!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfredo_buscatti

Reaction score
I just lit a Pepin Blue Churchill from my new humidor, which I humidify by a bead cylinder, which is working great, and my new calibrated hygrometer is registering 62 degrees; cut with my new Palio guillotine. At one point I had two Savoy 300s and a 75, full of $10 cigars. This broke me. Since making a cautious return, I've discovered CBid and am getting my cigars for half of what I used to pay.

Life is good! The pipe is better, but ooh! don't I love cigars!

alfredo_buscatti":pgxkdicq said:
The pipe is better, but ooh! don't I love cigars!
10-4

Although, to be honest, there ARE times when I'm enjoying a particularly good cigar when my thinking sort of reverses that order ...

Remember the old B movies!

The bad guys smoked cigars.

The hero smoked a pipe.

:p

Remember, everybody wants to be like Mike.

Geoff, please don't insult cigar smokers. I've only been around these parts a year, but in my opinion your comment doesn't really fit into the genial community atmosphere the members have done such a lovely job cultivating.

Respectfully,
Bluefisher

Bluefisher":uvkzcj6v said:
Geoff, please don't insult cigar smokers.
I don't see Geoff's comments as an insult in any way. Simply adding a bit of humor (or B-movie comparisons) to a discussion is not, in itself, a direct insult or derailing. If it was I'd have been banned a couple of years ago. 8) 

Mike - I keep a few Macanudos and the occasional Romeo & Juliet on hand, but not enough to break the bank or cost me a paycheck.  Just can't do it these days.   I will check out that site though.

Enjoy your cigars, Sir. 8)

Rob_In_MO":tivq3ozi said:
Bluefisher":tivq3ozi said:
Geoff, please don't insult cigar smokers.
f it was I'd have been banned a couple of years ago. 8) 
Fair enough - and those cigar-chomping gangsters certainly had style, so I'll take it as a compliment.