ready to try.. i think

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smg913

Reaction score
i am ready to try this snuff thing out. i have smoked ciggs, and quit i chewed, and quit. i still smoke my pipe as much as i can but the wifeys really does not like the smell of smoke, so i need something like snuff to get me through the winter months in south jersey. i have looked into the website that was suggested on here, mr snuff. how long does a shipment take to get here? and do i really just snort this stuff up my nose? any help on the subject would be much apperciated :D

Thanks

You gently sniff :lol:

Mr Snuff orders can take any where from 5 or 6 days to the worse case a month. That's if US Customs is holding up packages.

The packages always come though.

My average is around 11 days after a lot of orders.

Yes, sniff gently, like you're smelling a flower. Especially with a finer grind, your aim is to get the snuff into the front of the nose, while avoiding the back of the throat. Some snuffs are more forgiving while others provide very little margin for error, but once you get it down can be really satisfying.

Take a look at Kaiser's thread, there's a lot of good suggestions for first time snuffs.

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t18200-my-snuff-stash-retitled-thread

The nice thing about Mr. Snuff is that you can order the smaller containers of flavors you're interested in and the Royal Mail service is very reasonable. I have paid more in shipping buying tobacco from P&C.com.

Dependent on your tastes, the first time around I would suggest picking up a few flavors that sound good to you as well as a few that come well recommended.

If I could have a do-over on my first purchase I would have picked up a range of snuffs perhaps one mentholated, a toast, a dark natural (like Viking Dark), one maybe two flavored snuffs like coffee, spearmint, (WoS Crumbs of Comfort), rose, etc. & one perfumed snuff. This would have given me a better idea as to which direction and or flavors to pursue further.

For the finer snuffs you can basically just inhale normally and they will go on up, when you get the coarser snuffs they take a bit of a sniff. You want it to sit in the first 1/3 to 1/2 of your nose basically.

There are a ton of different snuffs to look through on mrsnuff.com but don't let yourself feel overwhelmed. You already have an idea what flavors you like in normal life, so try to gear yourself towards those to start...that's what I did. Once I understood how to use snuff I branched out and started getting different flavors to try out. Most of all, if you have questions just holler at us and someone is bound to have a decent answer for you, or we will at least make one up :lol: