Recommend a cigar cutter

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokey-smokey

Reaction score
Can someone recommend a durable cigar cutter?
I don't much care for looks, I am interested in function and durability.

Thanks,

I've owned several and the Palio has been the best and most reliable, hands down.

I suggest the Xikar cigar cutter. It is easily the best I have owned. The real key is to make sure the cutter is tight and sharp.

Mine's a Christmas gift from a some years back -- a Xikar STK -- and I've been very happy with it.  I've also got a Cuban Crafters "credit card" double guillotine cutter I keep in the car.  Both are guaranteed for life -- I've had zero problems with either.

A good friend has a Palio, which is a fine cigar cutter as well, still working as intended after years of regular use.

I bought a Palio a while back on Puff Daddies recommendation but it didn't last very long.

A good friend liked it as well as I did and "borrowed" it permanently.

He called a couple weeks ago and when I mentioned it he assured me it's still working fine.  :suspect: 

Puff Daddy":4f6dimiz said:
I've owned several and the Palio has been
the best and most reliable, hands down.
+1 on Puff Daddy ...

I've got two Palios and two Xikars ... both work well, but I use the Palios at least 90% of the time because I like them better ... BUT, the Xikar has a warranty that is second to none ... still, Palio is my choice.

Resurrecting this thread. I bought a Palio and a Cuban Crafter Perfect cutter each this past week. They should arrive before the weekend and I'll be able to do some testing.

I also have had an older Cuban Crafters dual-blade guillotine cutter from maybe 10 years ago that still works fine (granted I don't smoke daily). I also more recently bought a Cigar.com Colibri cutter that is just ok. It tends to smash more than cut. It probably just needs sharpening. The two things going for it as I see it are the locking mechanism and the large ring gauge.

Based on discussions and reviews around the web, the Palio will probably be my go-to cutter, when all is said and done. What did you end up getting Smokey?

I know you're asking for a cutter, but I'll throw this out there, I love using a punch. They just seem to work well for me.

I liked the Xikar I had that grew legs but it's also the only decent cutter I've really used, other than that I usually use the freebies or cheapos from cigar shops.