Review of Jobon lighter

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stick

Reaction score
I'd like to say from the outset that I am normally a firm subscriber to the 'buy cheap pay twice' mindset.  However, in the early stages of my piping journey and when funds were low I figured I'd nip onto ebay and find myself a cheap lighter.  After what was probably too long searching I found the lighter detailed below.  Credit where credit's due, against the odds this unit has been superb (hence this review).  After approx. 2 years usage it has not failed me at all.  The only downside that I've identified is that it's not great in a breeze (admittedly I don't have anything to compare it to) so I've adapted my practice to use my fingers as a windshield whilst also holding the bowl.  It incorporates the features you'd expect:

+ It weighs in at a solid 78g
+ Hard and soft flames (hard flame most useful for sealing ends of nylon ropes!)
+ Reservoir window
+ Refillable
+ Adjustable flame
+ Price £8.09 / 12.37 USD (28 Oct 15), delivered from China, P&P free.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Jobon-Jet-Double-Flame-Cigarette-Cigar-Smoking-Pipe-Butane-Gas-Lighter-/111221067902?hash=item19e54ad07e:g:QpEAAOxy4t1Siui1

Apologies, despite trying and after much guidance / cajoling from other BoB, I have proceeded in the Stick time honoured tradition of placing all my pics on their side...

Thanks for the review.

Ps, for this application I think the sidewards photography works nicely.