Richmond VA Pipe Show Oct 7,8,9 2011

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I also am going, My first show was the TAPS show this past April at the NC State fairgrounds it was great, I couldn't swing the Chicago show, I am so looking forward to the CORPS show in Richmond.

I picked up a flyer for the Richmond show while at the TAPS show, been counting the days since April :) Like a kid waiting for Christmas.

So many pipes and tobacco its so hard not to just go crazy and be spendy. The ultimate exercise in self control. :bounce:

See ya there !

I'll be there for the weekend. This will be my first show, I'm quite excited!

Abe

Its saturday evening as I write this, We arrived friday eve, got settled in and went to Hilton where the show was going to be, wanted to check the lay of the building, parking etc before saturday morning.

A few exibitors has a pre show viewing and sale that evening in their hotel rooms, Getting to see some pipes helped make it a little easier waiting for saturday morning to arrive :)

Could hardly sleep , woke up early got ready and headed to the show! spent the entire day walking, looking and sampling tobacco, Yes originally I think they had planned to only smoke in a separate area but after seeing one person after another lighting up I join in.

Was great to walk the isles of wonderful pipes and fill you bowl right there with many flowing flavors of fine tobacco, Light up and enjoy conversation with fellow pipe enthusiast. By lunchtime the fog would put any poolhall to shame.

Walking thru the haze catching room notes and wondering what is that ? but so many possiblilties was hard to tell, Aromatics, VA, English etc, So many pipes being smoked was hard to pinpoint, wish I could have several time I would have like to be able to try it for myself.

And the pipes ! wow so many grand pipes I walked and looked the entire day wanting many more than I could possibly afford I would need a platnuim card and a wheelbarrow to even begin, I chose a few possibilities and will spend the evening making the final desiscion on what to get and make my purchases Sunday the last day of the show, Oh what a chore having to decide :)

I thought I would share the day with the fellow BoB readers, If any fellow BoB'ers are here, I am sure they will say it has been a nice event as well, I guess we should have wore name tags so we could introduce ourselves,
I have met some nice folks and had a good time, but tomorrow it ends Hopefully I will decide on which new pipe will be coming home with
me,

Thanks to the members of CORPS for hosting a fine event, :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Pipe Shows are great, fellow smokers if you get a chance to go to one do so !