Scored again!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Batting 1000 recently. Another Jinhao pen, the 9009...another winner...five bucks. I ordered a hooded version of the pen (fine nib) but was sent a non-hooded version (medium nib) by mistake. At first I was PO’d but went ahead and flushed it with water and Dawn dish soap, followed by a thorough clear water rinse and paper towel dry. Filled the little beauty (which is a Claret color) with my favorite red ink...Diamine Red Dragon. Boy howdy, does the pen write well...a nice easy medium line that’s just the ideal wetness. The nib is very smooth with no scratchiness in any direction...so the tines are aligned properly. Just excellent. Very pleased.

Richard Burley":9culgfj0 said:
Looks like a friggin' ballpoint.

You just need a slight education as to what it is you’re lookin’ at RB. It’s all a matter of perspective, right? Just rotate the pen 90 degrees and the hooded nib becomes obvious. 8)

That's like the nib configuration that was on the original Aurora 88 from 1948 thru the late 50's till the stopped making it. athe pen they call the 88 toady is nowhere near what it was ! :twisted: BTW, you said you were not sent a hooded nib but showed one in your pics. Do you have a pic of what you were sent ?