Smoked Salmon, Lox, Gravlax: Is There A Difference?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only ate salmon cooked on my gas or charcoal grill for about 5 years now. I wish I had tried it like that 30 years ago. I rinse the fillet off under cold water then pat dry. Rub olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt then pepper and throw it on the grill with asparagus, zucchini and yellow squash. If I have the opportunity, I will try the Lox and Gravlax now that I know how it's done.

They all sound delish. Need to try them all.

Got to say, I thought the Aussie Tasmanian smoked salmon was good, then a friend introduced me to a Danish one. Really good stuff, it tastes fattier than the Aussie one, I'm presuming from being in colder water.

We do a mean salmon quiche in my house, I do a minimalistic one with dill, chilli and cherry tomatoes and my SIL adds all sorts of things. Both are yum.

I use my Camp Chef smoker to both cold & hot smoke salmon. I'm the only one who enjoys the cold smoked; but then again I also enjoy sushi and sashimi!! FTRPLT