Snuff TAD

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Well...Snuff is tobacco. Right? So it qualifies as the T in TAD.

My latest order...

Dholakia Medicated No.10 10g
Hedges L260 20g
Dr.Rumney's Blue 5g
Ozona Raspberry 5g
Toque Raspberry Menthol 10g
Wilsons Ani Extra 10g
Wilsons M Root 10g
Wilsons SM 500 10g
Poschl Alpina 10g
Singleton's Original 15g

WooHooooooo!

Nice order there. Your proclivity for mentholated snuffs leads me to ask a stupid question; You have tried and do worship McChrystals O&G correct? I'm not a big menthol guy, but to me that is THE ONE.

Well, no worship per se, but I have it and enjoy it. To be honest I like the tobacco base Dholakia uses in GRUNT Medic and also FUBAR Medicated better, and after the menthol fades the tobacco base starts to shine. And I do prefer a Medicated Snuff over non Medicated though I do have both.

I see. Have you tried some/all of the Bernard's mentholated Schmalzlers? I really like Amhostrina. Also, Radford's premium in the blue tin (not to be confused with the plain old Poschl Radford's) has my favorite tobacco base of all the medicateds I've ever taken. Imho, of course.

We’ll see. It’s the schmalzler snuffs I’ve never been tuned in to. The Poschl snuffs in general I’ve liked as they are neither coarse nor very oily. I typically prefer snuffs with a medium grind, medium moisture, medium to strong menthol on a strong tobacco base. I usually don’t go much for florals but like some fruits. The above spells GRUNT Medic. I also still think highly of the Poschl Gawith Apricot. Also O&G...Singleton’s...some Freybourg & Treyer like Santo Domingo...plus some of the Wilson’s, Vikings, McC’s and Toques. Mostly those that have a pretty strong tobacco character plus menthol or other medications.

Zanaspus":1jmdg43p said:
Given your first sentence, it may not be for you. :lol:
So...Mr. Z...help me out. What would you recommend that you think I might like? This can include items that might match the above description or ones that may be different that you think are special.

Wow, that's a toughie as snuffs seem even more individualistic than pipe tobacco. A line that I've been meaning to explore is Rosinski. I've heard quite good things about it. I have come to understand that ordering direct beats Mr. Snuff.

I presume you've tried white snuff; Dholakia White, White Elephant, Cheetah. Very strong, very hard to take, very satisfying.

Everything from Toque is good if you like the grind of their flour. A couple sleepers that you may not have tried; USA citrus, Pomegranate, Grapefruit, and Apricot. My favorites from the line. Also, Roderick is about to unveil a brand new line, so that should be spectacular.

Not a fan of most of the lakeland company's snuffs although SG does make Viking of which I quite like Dark and Thor's Hammer. Apparently they're copies of a couple things in the SG line, but I don't keep up with the snuff world the way I used to. I'm guessing/hoping you've had F&T High Dry Toast? It's one of my favorite plain snuffs.

If you don't like Schmalzler's stay far, far away from South African snuffs as they make the German stuff look like a fine grind.

And now that Daniel Richard is gone and Jaap Bess no longer makes snuff at the mills, the snuff world has many fewer shining stars, so if you like something stock up, they seem to be going away much faster than pipe tobacco. I'll ramble more if I remember more to ramble about.

Re Chef Daniel and Old Mill...I had heard of his passing but didn’t think Old Mill item were still available. I can’t find anything via google...do you know of a source.

All gone unfortunately. Even I'm down to a couple stray doses. :(

Well,, too bad for me. I did go through a fair number of his creations a few years ago, before he passed. So I have that.

Anyway...Ordered the following from Toque:

1. Toque USA Whiskey & Honey (10g & 50g)
2. Toque USA Citrus
3. Toque Apricot
4. Toque St. Clements

Even though I’ve done numerous Toque products before these (except the Apricot) will be new.

And yes, I do like the Toque Brit style flour (it’s pretty famous) and the USA style even more.

And...my final pre-holiday order (hey, it’s free shipping week - gotta take advantage)...

From Mr. Snuff:

1 x Poschl Radford Premium 10g
2 x Samuel Gawith Pinewood Ice 25g
1 x FUBAR Snafu Medicated 30g
1 x FUBAR Medic 25g

Got the Radford upon recommendation by a friend...Mr. Z. ;)

BH I would suggest the Rosinski Poltergeist for you. Very good stuff and direct order is probably the best way to get it. 10g packets are all he does now but everything I tried of his is spectacular. Love love love the Uckermaker, Berliner Luft and of course my fav the Poltergeist.

OK...you’re on.  I’ve had Rosinski snuff before and enjoyed them very much.  So I hop on over to the Rosinski site, pick a few items & send them an email asking about using PayPal. Got an almost immediate response. Yup. Told me how to do the fund transfer using PayPal. Did the deed.

The following items will soon be on their way:

(2) Poltergeist 10 gr Refill Bag
(1) Empty 5 ml Flask for Poltergeist
(1) Empty 15 ml Jar for Poltergeist
Description: A dark Burley strong in nicotine, a good shot of camphor and nutmeg as the first impression, followed by balmy notes and mild tobacco flavour to follow through.
Medium fine coarseness, slightly moist. Strong in menthol and nicotine.

(2) Alter Fritz 10 gr Refilll Bag
(1) Empty 5 ml Flask for Alter Fritz
(1) Empty 15 ml Jar for Alter Fritz
Description: A burley light in colour yet strong in nicotine, deep balmy notes, a touch of tangerine and menthol freshness.
Medium fine coarseness, slightly moist. Fairly strong in nicotine, slightly mentholated.

Alter Fritz? That's a new one! Must resist looking......seriously though I like the sound of this one. Guess it's time to go look at his offerings again it's been awhile.

I'm sure you're going to enjoy these.

Jim