Some of my pipe tampers...I make 'em.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
I'll try to figure this photo post thing...should be pretty easy.

If it works you'll see a couple of photos of some of the tampers I've made. All are completely hand made...carved, assembled and/or metal fabricated...all by hand. Yes, I'm crazy.

These are solid copper with an enclosed forged steel tamper.

NovTamp9.jpg

This lot is Black Bamboo with either a stainless steel or solid brass tamper.

NovTamp7.jpg

Hand carved oak.

NovTamp6.jpg

A Christmas Elf.

NovTamp3.jpg

Poker Face (named for his style of pipe and his injury)!

NovTamp2.jpg

Babar, King of the Tampers.

NovTamp1.jpg

The Maltese Falcon (really, almost an exact duplicate of the movie statue...but smaller).

MFTamper4.jpg

I'm a real softie for Babar.

But that Falcon is impressive, really impressive. Have you used it to tamp a bowl of the same-named GLP blend?

Wow, those are really smart!
Love the faces, brilliant..........................................hey Valky there's your tamper man!!!!!
Brilliant!!!

Really great tampers blackhorse, now you just need to make a "blackhorse" tamper :D
The falcon is awesome :cheers:

Beautiful tampers, bro!!

I too love the Falcon!! But, don't tell Falconer... his head is swelled enough already!!! :lol: :lol:

Robert

Really cool work, nice job.

I have kind of been thinking of making some too, but have not yet. Don't plan on getting into selling them though. I do have a really cool idea I think anyway. Since I use one a lot it would make good since to make some if they look awesome and if not, no one will ever see them, LOL!

Skip

Thanks for posting the pics! They're some of the coolest looking hand made tampers I've ever seen!

Jim