St.Bruno match! is it so difficult ?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael drue

Reaction score
Dear BoB!
When i take a look to Pipe&Pipetobacco online stores,and surf thru all the tobaccos i must say that alot tobacco Companys/Factorys
tryed to copy a blend of the good old days.

Lets say Dunhills London Mixture or 965 or Nightcap.

Why no one like Mc Clelland or G.LPease or Mc Clelland try to duplicate this kind of simple OTC Blend from the UK?

The Basic tobacco components cant be the issue?! Quality wise must be the best Leaf here in the states... Virginia/Kentucky/Burley.

The Flavor? i dont think so that there is no one that knows what combination is in it to duplicate the flavor and finally create this bacci
in Flake or plugform. or Ready Rubbed. be creative,maybe not the first blend is perfect,but may the 2.or3rd one will be...

What was the issue? nobody liked it,selling rate to low?

Dan Pipe has something on the Marked that is not a Match but also not far away from St.Bruno. Its called St.Bernard.
I never tried it,but whhen i look by tobaccoreviews.com.
There are people that say a Formers Blend would be a replacement for St.Bruno!

Well,i tried them all and they dont come close to that what St.Bruno is or was.
Somehow sad.
Iam not sure who is the main Producer in Europe for St.Bruno,but i picked some pouches up this year at London Heathrow Airport in the Duty
free shop. There is written on it Made in Denmark by the Scandinavian Tobacco Group.

How nice that is! or not? Dear Scandinavian Tobacco Group.... may we can buy that Tobacco again in the states futurewise?
hmm,iam sitting at home and think about it why he is not in stores here in the States,or in Germany.

England,Spain,Ireland is so far away :x

But why i think about that,we have enough Pipetobacco choices here in the states with excellent leaf Quality.
We dont need a tobacco that is over many many Years still on the market and one of the best selling simple Blends for the Pipe!
Why always something new? for me? i think something what sells good must be good by all these offer on the market today!
and most of these products are 99% availible arround the world! but not that simplle bacci!?
Maybe the want that bacci only for there own :roll:

How you think about it? what you know about it?

Lets talk about it
so long
Michael

Thanks alot!
First time ever that iam visited that Website.
Well,that shop is also in England!
We need something like this here Produced in the states!
Also this "Version" of Bruno with Sugar,Cavendish,Fruit maybe has nothing really with the original Bruno to do.

Have a nice day!
Michael