Tabac Manil

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swede

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Happy Labor Day BoBs. I am thinking about ordering some Tabac Manil Semois, but would appreciate any information about which cut to get for the best taste. The La Brumeuse and La Volute look to be good larger cuts, but there a few reviews on TR for the latter crumble cake. I am ruling out Petit Robin due to it only being 30% burley. Are finer cuts better? On another note, what do you think about the price compared to what this tobacco brings to the table, as per pound it is quite expensive even by USA standards? Thanks

Along the pathway there are many unique and interesting blends to lure the thrill seeking traveler. My journey included Semois once or twice. Some may adore its subtle charm but I was mostly unimpressed. But then, how do you know until you try it for yourself? I’d try one of each.

I've had the Brumeuse, it was pleasant enough, very cigarish flavour which worked best in a cob for me. The briar I smoked it in was ghosted by the semois for a good ten smokes afterwards. Which wasn't a bad thing, just throwing it out there.

I've had the Brumeuse, it was pleasant enough, very cigarish flavour which worked best in a cob for me. The briar I smoked it in was ghosted by the semois for a good ten smokes afterwards. Which wasn't a bad thing, just throwing it out there.
I went ahead and ordered the Volute. I like cigars and burley, so expecting this will be a hit. I did read about the ghosting, so maybe will dedicate one cob and a briar to it. Interestingly, some people compared it (more in the nic content) to Five Brothers and said that tobacco will de-ghost a pipe-curious. I've got a pouch of that coming too for comparison. The old NY Times article about Vincent Manil was pretty helpful to stoke some intrigue.

The 5 Bros is a classic. Great for boosting the Vit. N in anemic blends.
If I hold up after the Volute ;-), I'll be trying a small bowl of Five Brothers today probably in a cob. It should be fun mixing this with PA or SWR to juice them up a bit. Sometimes I order tobaccos thinking there may be a day when I can't get such a classic, and will have missed the experience of smoking it. Or, they change like PA from the DR.