Tacoma WA ban on smoking in all city owned parks.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAJ_ile

Reaction score
Anybody else live in this area and know abou this? I sometimes sit in the park across the street from my apt and read and smoke. Apparently i have been breaking the law this whole time! :fpalm: This is rediculous, first businesses, now parks, next thing you know you wont be able to smoke on the sidewalk or inside your own home.

NAJ_ile":wqplwqwc said:
Anybody else live in this area and know abou this?  I sometimes sit in the park across the street from my apt and read and smoke.  Apparently i have been breaking the law this whole time! :fpalm: This is rediculous, first businesses, now parks, next thing you know you wont be able to smoke on the sidewalk or inside your own home.
They actually tried to ban smoking in apartments in NYC if I recall correctly. Could have been Cali, as they're just as fascist out there.

Calif restrictions:
Since 2012, landlords have the right to ban smoking in any of their rental units (statewide).
In some cities, this extends to owner-occupied condos and townhouses per the HOA rules.

Since 2008, you can be fined for smoking in a moving vehicle when you have a passenger under 18.

Over the past 10 years many cities have also banned smoking at any city-owned public areas (parks, beaches, sidewalks + streets, parking lots, etc.)

Richard Burley":xajwde66 said:
Somewhat related--nicht wahr, mein Herr?

http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/topic16430.html

OK, so it's satire. But how long did it take before you were sure? The zeitgeist marches on!
I'm a big fan of the People's Cube as well. I gave one of the cube toys to a leftist associate for Christmas a few years back; he didn't get it. No surprise really.

Regarding legislative efforts to control the lives of US citizens, I don't see it getting better in my life time. Seriously, it's only going to get worse.

RobJ":s9qqh6wi said:
I'm a big fan of the People's Cube as well. I gave one of the cube toys to a leftist associate for Christmas a few years back; he didn't get it. No surprise really.
Equality is no laughing matter, comrade. ;) :lol: