The Brigham Shape Chart Project - Call for Submissions!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ontariopiper

Reaction score
Hi folks,

As many of you know, I am a dyed-in-the-wool fan of vintage Brigham pipes. I've posted a lot of my estate finds on my blog at DadsPipes.com, and am reaching out to the larger pipe community for help with my next Brigham project - a Shape Chart!

Brigham has produced a myriad of pipe shapes over its 100+ years of manufacturing, but a comprehensive list of shapes does not exist, even at Brigham HQ in Toronto. So I've decided to make an attempt to create a Shape Chart!

I have started to catalog my own Brigham collection, but my 40 or so pipes doesn't come close to providing a complete list of shapes and variations. And that's were the BoB and friends come in. If you've got a Brigham pipe on your rack, please consider taking a few minutes to jot down the specs and snap a few pics to send my way.

Details of submission requirements are listed on DadsPipes.com HERE

All contributors will be credited (unless you wish to remain anonymous) when the Shape Chart is published on the blog; here's your chance to be a part of Pipe History (or Pipe History History??) and help create a resource for Brigham fans and collectors worldwide!

Thanks in advance for all submissions and for passing the word on to other piping friends!

Charles

Very cool project. I don't own any Brighams, but if I come across any I'll do what I can!

Especially for the Brigham pipe fans out there, the first (and only) Brigham Pipe Shape Chart is now available on DadsPipes.com:

https://dadspipes.com/2017/09/08/the-completely-unofficial-brigham-pipes-shape-chart-v0-1-beta-release/

The Chart to date is based largely on my own collection of Brigham pipes, a few old catalogs and submissions from fellow Brigham owners. If you've got an old Brig in your rack, check the shape number and help fill in the blanks!

At this point, the Chart focuses on vintage Brigham pipes (those made in Toronto, Canada), and does not include the 2005 Series pipes currently in production, as there are only 12 shapes in that series and the information is readily available elsewhere.

Comments, corrections and additions welcome!