The sad and neglected...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idlefellow

Reaction score
I've started on a program of smoking pipes that haven't been out of the rack in a while, paired with tobaccos I've had laying around, or new stuff I've been meaning to try.  Gonna leave my oft-smoked pipes in the rack, and stay off the old standbys.  Today it was a Hilson Avanti c.1975 and a sample packet of Mac Baren Mixture from God knows where or when...

007_zpsoucaoizp.jpg

I love a pipe with a square shank and that one looks great. Can't remember ever having that tobacco though. Sometimes I get bogged down smoking the same pipes all the time and I have to make a special effort to smoke some of my other ones. I'm always glad that I did however I can put off smoking some new blends for quiet a spell. I think "change" is something that doesn't sit very well with me and I'm reluctant to change my routine. Maybe I'm just old and set in my ways. :scratch:

AJ

Great looking pipe and I love that pipe stand. I've not tried that blend either. What's your opinion of it?

Jim

It's subtitled Scottish Mixture and according to the Mac Baren site is a mixture of Burley, Virginia and Cavendish.  It has a rather sweet, honey-like aroma in the pouch.  Reviews I read are mostly good and some folks really love it; I guess it's just not my style.  It's touted as an aromatic but the flavors just didn't come though for me.  I found it rather bland and mundane, and it burned REALLY hot - maybe it's me.  I don't think of myself as a particularly fast or hard puffer, but I could hardly hold the bowl in my hand! Personally I probably won't bother with it again; there're too many similar blends out there.