Tinsky project, Part 1

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very interesting pipe :) like it...
one thing... when you cut the material to make it easier to shape - don't cut that close to the line - leave arround 2mm more material - this way it will be safer when you start working with sand diks/other tools... :)

tNd":2j7ccqsd said:
very interesting pipe :) like it...
one thing... when you cut the material to make it easier to shape - don't cut that close to the line - leave arround 2mm more material - this way it will be safer when you start working with sand diks/other tools... :)

Good point. Though this one was far from the original design I had intended due to defect... I have no mechanical sanding available to me right now--too cold to go outside and do it!

:) :) o.k....
here is the same thing... cold and foggy :) :) :)
nice project and hope you will continue.. ! :)

Awesome Job Kyle. If you feel the stem is just too loose, send it to me and I'll test it out for you and give you an opinion. I can't guarantee that you would get it back though. :D

murfman":sb1uo0l5 said:
Awesome Job Kyle. If you feel the stem is just too loose, send it to me and I'll test it out for you and give you an opinion. I can't guarantee that you would get it back though. :D
The stem is tightening up to the shank with some use, plus I've been using some beeswax (as someone suggested) and it seems to be working quite well.

I respect your efforts trying to wrangle this pipe away from me... :lol: Thank you. 8)

It smokes alright...I had to do a bit more work on the mortise/tenon part of the stem, as it seemed to gurgle a little. After realizing the masters (i.e., certainly not me) do by widening (chamfering) the tip of stem/tenon, it was an afterthought I was able to implement very easily. 8)