To rich for my blood...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Instant Dunhill collection!

How many Dunhills do you have in your collection? Oh, I have 30 or so right now. :lol:

That's about a $1000 per pipe... are there any in that set that would sell individually @ $1000 ?

But it's a matched set of wood and rubber with the Dunhill name on it, by default its 'worth more' dontcha know :?: :twisted:

The only offer that has been made on it was declined. It is highly unlikely that the gentleman will sell it at that price. You can't blame him for trying though.

The problem is the set was made in the 70's. Anytime up through the early/mid 60's and it probably never would have even made it to Ebay, but changed hands privately for more than $30K.

All the big Dunnie collectors I know put great stock in the company changes that occurred then. The briar source to finish matchup stopped being a shop rule (Sardinian for Tanshells, Algerian for Shells, Calabrian for Bruyeres, and Corsican for Root Briars); the stain recipes changed; some models were "streamlined/updated" to make them easier to produce; stems got chunkier; and QC in general took a nosedive. It's a milder version of the Pre and Post eras to Barling collectors.