Well, guess I'm in.............

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
Put in my first order from Mr. Snuff.

1 x Samuel Gawith FireDance 25g
1 x Samuel Gawith Apricot 10g
1 x Samuel Gawith Peach 25g
1 x Gawith Hoggarth Fleurette 25g
1 x Bernard Steifelprise 10g
1 x Bernard Klostermischung 10g

Being new at this, I hope to find a couple of these to my liking....

Are these OK?

SG FireDance is really good stuff. It's sweet and fruity, but not super cloying (it's MUCH better as a snuff than it is a pipe tobacco, and the pipe tobacco ain't half bad!). The two Bernards on that list are very nice too. Bernard's all seem to get better in cold weather, IMO...I go through a lot of the Klostermischung.

It'll take two weeks or so for the shipment to arrive, but let us know what you think when you crack a tin!

I'll let you know. Two weeks? OK. I do really like the Firedance Flake, so I figured the ground up version should be good as well.

+1 on the Fire Dance, Wiz. Very nice. I remember buying this on Rande's recommendation a few years ago when I was looking for a good 'transition' 'baccy from aros to pure Vas. Great that it's a flake too; I rather enjoy the ritual of prepping.

(don't have a Scooby about the others).

Let us know how you get on.

I have never tried (in modern times) anything except the Old Mill snuffs. I don't use it often, but prefer long lasting snuff.

... ah. Might have got the wrong end of the stick here Wiz.... they're all snuffs?

Stick":dahum6dz said:
... ah. Might have got the wrong end of the stick here Wiz.... they're all snuffs?
Aye sir, all snuffs. I do really like the Firedance Flake to smoke, when I can get it. My timing is terrible sometimes!

Two weeks is pretty close depending on customs. My last 3 orders were all delivered between 7-10 days. 2 of them were unopened and untouched one was rifled through and my 100 gram bags of Pöschl were opened. Fortunately they didn't pop back open and get mixed during the rest of the trip.

I'll guess 1 in 10 of my transactions overseas either direction get checked. Contents have been tampered with but nothing missing.....

*** knock on wood******

Bunch of nosey ass bastards Arky. I suppose a necessary evil but seriously to open up factory sealed bags and then just half ass tape them shut again. They were in a padded envelope instead of a box and i guess that's what kept them from spilling open and mixing. Id have been cheesed to get 400 grams of mixed snuff.

The order showed up today! I tried the Apricot, and it was pretty good. The flavor lasted a long time. Then I tried the Bernard Steifelprise..........................

Ever accidentally get Vick's Vapor Rub in your nose?

Still waiting for my eye to recede back into my socket..

That made me laugh out loud Wiz.

How'd you guys think someone with sensitive sinuses would cope with snuff? Plant sex floating through the air is enough to bugger up my nostrils so not sure about putting powdered tobacco up there.

Thanks

Tim

It could be tricky at first.

The idea is to not take the snuff into the sinuses, but get it to rest in the front of the nose...if you're not allergic to any of the ingredients in a particular snuff blend, you shouldn't have a reaction. Still...when first starting out and getting the technique down, you'll probably have some that shoot through and irritate you a bit. On the bright side, once you do find that sweet spot, I've found that having some snuff in the schnoz can help reduce the allergic responses to airborn allergens.

Obviously I'm no doctor, but I do have bad allergies (2 years into the immunization therapy, ie "Allergy Shots"), so this is all just from personal experience.

Bob, you slay me man! My mother actually does put Vicks up inside her nose her allergies are so bad that it helps.

Tim, as a guy with a list of allergies 3 pages long I think you'll find that it helps rather than causes problems. My take on it is that it makes your nose run thereby washing out the crud you have a reaction to. I've also noted an increase in my ability to smell as well. Which could be due to increased blood flow to the area or having cleaner sinuses either way I don't care. I'm smelling things I haven't smelled in years thanks to snuffing.

Jim

Thanks for the info too Jim, will get a small tin or two. Any recommendations guys? Is there Latakia snuff?

Another one bites the dust :)

Cheers

Tim

Timbo":p7w7ob38 said:
Thanks for the info too Jim, will get a small tin or two. Any recommendations guys? Is there Latakia snuff?

Another one bites the dust :)

Cheers

Tim
Yup, It's called Creosote.

Yes there are Latakia snuff. For the life of me I don't remember which ones there are but I did a batch from Presbyterian that turned out rather nice. Not really all that creosote like. The one tin I made was enough to last me for quite awhile though

Jim