Werner Herzog

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milan

Reaction score
I watched Fitzcarraldo again the other night. Awesome flick! I love Herzog's work. Anyone else on here a fan? Got a favorite? I think mine may be Cobra Verde? Strozek is pretty awesome too though.
Milan

Aguirre: THe Wrath of God is pretty great.

(And his recent guest spot on The Simpsons was amazing--a bright spot in a crappy season.)

The Klaus Kinski films are great. The work that he and Herzog accomplished is amazing. Aguirre: The Wrath of God was one of their best.

herzog is king. easily in my top three favorite film makers.

My favorite is "The Grizzly Man," chronicling the life of Timothy Treadwell among the grizzlies on the Alaskan Peninsula. Herzog was interviewed for the film and he stated that life is essentially savage, random and meaningless, if I remember correctly. Certainly his views are echoed in the film that depicts Treadwells foolish, misguided but heroic summers with the grizzlies, and his ultimate end.

MisterE":tcs5c14h said:
Harlock999":tcs5c14h said:
Bad Lieutenant Port of Call New Orleans is pretty entertaining...
Just watched it last night!! Enjoyed it. What a lucky bastard the Nicholas Cage character was!
It's twisted!
Herzog apparently told Cage that the iguanas were the best actors in the movie!

So far, I like his documentaries best. Especially Wheel of Time (Rad der Zeit) about Tibetan Buddhism and My Best Fiend (Mein liebster Feind) about his films with Klaus Kinski.