Winter's Bone

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill

Reaction score
A great film now on DVD. Filmed in the Missouri Ozarks just south of Springfield, it accurately depicts the Ozarks meth culture like no other film. Definitely a must see.

and was robbed of the Oscar for best actress, supporting actor, and writer and director.

damn shame.

I really liked it! The only problem I had was the bit part players and crowd scene fillers. I think a bunch of them are my poor illiterate hillbilly cousins! I kept looking at people and going, "hey, is that Bob?"Scary.

Thanks Bill, I have it as my next selection with NetFlix. Sounds like a great film.
:)

"I done told you to shut up once with my mouth" Best movie line ever! I use that one frequently, the wife just rolls her eyes....

I really enjoyed that movie, a unique tale and no rehash like most of what Hollywood is churning out these days.

riff raff":vaq746fl said:
"I done told you to shut up once with my mouth" Best movie line ever! I use that one frequently, the wife just rolls her eyes....

I really enjoyed that movie, a unique tale and no rehash like most of what Hollywood is churning out these days.

That line just burns into you like everything else in that film. You feel like you can smell a frothy mix of secrets, alcohol, squalor, and evil. LOVED IT!