Would like to hear comments on what is coming tomorrow

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skip48

Reaction score
Well now I have probably 30 something samples from C&D and keeping several. Opening Night, Manhattan Afternoon and Sunday Picnic for Flake and Green River Vanilla as a Aromatic which I can add to stuff I got that I didn't like and help it out.

I made a new order last week that is coming tomorrow and hope you guys can tell me what I should expect. Here is the list of what is coming...
Golden Sliced 100g
Dark Twist 16oz
Virginia Flake - 633 50g
Meridian 2oz
Chelsea Morning 2oz
and one 8 Oz. Sunday Picnic to put back since I have the same put back of Opening Night and Manhattan Afternoon.

So my question is which of these new ones am I going to want more? I get excited when I have an order coming and just hope this one is going to meet my expectations. best part it was less cost than buying from C&D even the C&D Brands, plus if you get $95 or more shipping was free. Heck I think I saved a ton.

I am trying to buy enough of what I like best to put back 1/2 pound of each, just hope I can keep out and just buy new when I run out on the open one. I have a Seal-A-Meal so can vacuum my tobacco to keep it as it came. Does anyone else here vacuum their tobacco for keeping back?

Thanks in advance,
Skip

Skip, I'd say Dark Twist (only because I haven't tried some of the others) unless you're giong to have it with morning coffee. Then Chelsea of course! As far a vacuum bagging I just mason jar them once the tins are opened. Works well for me. There's exceptions of course. My fav's go so fast I can keep them in the tins.

enjoy! :cheers:

Hey thanks and really I read a review on each one, but got the names from the site I ordered it from and they had list of like top 10 Tinned tobacco and then even top 100 listed by what they sell most of. Besides each one had some kind of discount, like the Black Twist was $37.16 and claim it's regular selling price or MSRP is $63.98. It's in their top 10 best sellers. The Golden Sliced is their number 1 Best seller so we shall see.

Thanks for the help,
Skip

I love the Golden Sliced. The tin aroma is amazing and the smoke is nice and creamy. It isn't a very strong tobacco so if you want a nice smooth smoke this is it.

The Dark Twist is nice too. A bit stronger than the Golden, nice spun, sliced rolls. I have the Club Blend too which is almost the same but with a cavendish center. The Dark Twist has a bit more spice to it. Yummy.

I think you will love the Golden Sliced. The tins are murder to open by hand at first until I poped the lid w/ a coin. So putting tins back wont require repackaging.

Thanks for the input and tips. I am glad to hear about the slice and just looking for something different than what I have now. With C&D Flakes it's seems they get closer and closer to each other after a while and want a couple other tobaccos which will give me a different enjoyable smoke.

Thanks again,
Skip

I use my food saver for vacuum sealing flakes and plugs. Also use the canister to reseal open tins and mason jars.

Mr_Jeff thanks for the info. I have been doing the same thing. When I open a 8 oz. tin I keep 3/4 of it in a canister that seals and then I have been trying the jar thing too, but sometimes it's had to get them to seal right.

I have a lot of the bags too though and they seem to work very well too.

Skip

Skip,
They are all CRAP!!!!
I'll do you a huge favor and dispose of them (in my pipe).
I would hate to see you going through the hell of smoking that weedage.
I'll be magnanimous and send you some fruit punch Altadis & some grape blunt wrappers. Hell, I'll even throw in some WALNUT! :D
:p :p :p :p :p

Seiously,
Golden Sliced is very good.
The 633 is SPECTACULAR!!!!!!
The GLP blends are in a class by themselves. The "Dark Lord" blends some fine baccy for sure. I can't wait to try the new offering, Meridian.

Thanks for that and I am glad to know that I probably made good choices. They got here about 30 minutes ago and can't wait to try them all, but can't but one at a time, LOL!

Skip

Well guys I have got to try a few of my new tobacco's and liked them all so far. Golden Slice is pretty mild, but nice flavor. The Dark Twist is as I have read, very nice, but don't over puff it and don't pack it tight. This morning I had some Chelsea Morning and it is just what I think of when I think English blind. I like some other better though. Still can't wait to try the others and maybe today. Anything I opened that I will not just smoke all now, I took a big part and vacuum sealed it. I do like this vacuum sealer so I can try them all and no fear of letting it dry out.

For the money it would be hard to beat that Dark Twist and the pound cost me $37 and will last a long time or part of it will, LOL!

Thanks guys,
Skip

Skip48":cykv7lm5 said:
For the money it would be hard to beat that Dark Twist and the pound cost me $37 and will last a long time or part of it will, LOL!
Skip
damn, is that mac barens dark twist? my local shop had a 100g tin (just a tin) for $25, so i passed. i'll have to get it online.

Here is the link for you. I bought some of the same thing I buy at C&D and paid less than I do at C&D. If you happen to order $95 you get free shipping so I save a good bit with each one having some kind of discount and then probably what would have been $12-$15 UPS. So I was really happy to find this place.
https://secure.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/tinned/bestsellers.cfm

Now the Dark Twist was in a sealed plastic bag, but can't complain with the price. All the other I got were in tin.

BTW, their top 100 list found at the bottom of the page is fluid and has changed since I ordered last week.

Skip

When one of the sites I buy things form has a free shipping level I will make sure I want enough items or enough to reach that level. Saves a lot. This one had a $95 order gets free shipping so I wanted 5 and just made sure I had over the $95 which I did at $104.

Skip

DoverPipes":ny9h3hx4 said:
Skip,
They are all CRAP!!!!
I'll do you a huge favor and dispose of them (in my pipe).
I would hate to see you going through the hell of smoking that weedage.
I'll be magnanimous and send you some fruit punch Altadis & some grape blunt wrappers. Hell, I'll even throw in some WALNUT! :D
:p :p :p :p :p

Seiously,
Golden Sliced is very good.
The 633 is SPECTACULAR!!!!!!
The GLP blends are in a class by themselves. The "Dark Lord" blends some fine baccy for sure. I can't wait to try the new offering, Meridian.
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
Agreed with Dover here
OGS rocks so does 663, you cant go wrong with the Dark Lord's blends either!
Good haul there!

PS, Dover...... up yours bro! Walnut rocks!!!! :lol:

I'll have to agree with the comments on the Dark Twist. It's some darn good stuff, but puff it gently or you'll become a victim of the famous MacBite :affraid: