11th Pipe - Bull Moose / Apple? NO! an AUTHOR Redone

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't know what to call it Ron? That's easy - Call it 'Adam's'
That's a real beauty Ron, a big man's pipe (I'm 6ft and a little under 300lbs :D )
I think it's about time that even you admitted that you're pretty damn good at this pipe-making malarkey

Adam

alandadp":2nm28cj2 said:
You don't know what to call it Ron? That's easy - Call it 'Adam's'
That's a real beauty Ron, a big man's pipe (I'm 6ft and a little under 300lbs :D )
I think it's about time that even you admitted that you're pretty damn good at this pipe-making malarkey

Adam
Thank you Adam at least ya got the malarkey part right. Yeah, I'm okay but,
not near as perfect as I'd like to be. I'll let ya all know when that happens.

d6c137af05f23efdf3819e5222190ec330f47f8db52d3e1807d0bbf6d5dce612.jpg

That's a beauty Ron. As many have already said, if it was on the market I'd have no problem buying it :).

Hiram-2011":x411m0cp said:
That's a beauty Ron.  As many have already said, if it was on the market I'd have no problem buying it :).
Thank you sir
It just so happens it and another one are going up on eBay tonight. ;)
If they don't bring what I think is fair market price, that'll be the end of pipe making for me.
Just to expensive a hobby, besides I'm a much better buyer then maker anyway. ;)

Okay, I had a little time and with the help of me being so disgusted with my original job on this pipe I decided to TRY to improve it. I reshaped the stummel so the bowl had more definition/cheeks and cut another stem with not so much tapper at the button but, a much better curve, also added a silver colored ring to strengthen the mortise and add a little flair and break up all that white. Although I've had two bowls out of it back when I refused to sell it the first time, that hasn't changed because of it being smoked now but, at least I can look at it with a little pride now.
Here it is now, look like the same pipe? ;)

I definitely like your "improvements" Ron. They really complete the pipe and once again some sterling pipe work on your part !! :twisted:

monbla256":mhr6k1nb said:
I definitely like your "improvements" Ron. They really complete the pipe and once again some sterling pipe work on your part !! :twisted:
Thank you sir

Liked it before. Love it now. I can't imagine a better shape coming out of that block. The grain is perfect for it. Did you find the grain and chase the shape or the other way around?

That is a great looking pipe. Can't see how you could do any further improvements.
A++
:joker:

Simple Man":p12yhhts said:
WOW! :shock: That is one gorgeous pipe! I really like that stain! Breaking up that white really works too. :D
Thank you Jack Yeah I think so too, really helps slim it down a bit.

Thanks guys
And Piff, A little bit of both, I have a habit of drawing the stummel on the block 1st while trying to orient the grain to the pipe. I know a lot of guys draw out a pipe and then transfer it to the block but, I haven't the luxury of having a stock pile of blocks to choose from only keeping maybe 8 on hand so I have to make my pipes fit on the blocks I have. ;)

I'm somewhat embarrassed to say that the 2nd coming of this pipe is an improvement; I thought I had a good eye, Ron, but yours is better. I thought the original was an adorable pipe (and it was,actually), but this is better. Guess I should stick to billiards--I know damn well what I like there, and why.

Richard Burley":gixcobbq said:
I'm somewhat embarrassed to say that the 2nd coming of this pipe is an improvement; I thought I had a good eye, Ron, but yours is better. I thought the original was an adorable pipe (and it was,actually), but this is better. Guess I should stick to billiards--I know damn well what I like there, and why.
Embarrassed? You've got nothing to be embarrassed about sir I'm the one that should be embarrassed for letting anyone see the pipe the first time. Before I go showing off my wares I should know what they suppose to look like. As it is I'm sure later on down the road when I've hopefully improved my skills I'll be ashamed I showed many of the ones I have already. ;)

Cartaphilus":njd79e9q said:
allyby":njd79e9q said:
I still want it! :bounce:
I know!
The only trouble is it's too near Christmas and my better half might not be too pleased my friend.

There's always next time... :p